562XP actual weight...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluefish

I saw that...
Reaction score
I was searching posts on the 562XP and came across a pic showing the PHO weight. It was less than what is listed on the Husqvarna site.
Obviously, being an owner, I want it to be as light as possible. Does anyone have a picture of one on a scale? I know it is lighter than my 357 was but I would love confirmation on the weight. Thanks, Russ

c66e6577.jpg

12lbs 12.8oz which translates to 12.8lbs

That is as I thought: the 562 is only a couple of ounces lighter than a 357 and about 4-5 ounces lighter than a 262. I know it is smoother than a 262, and stronger than a 357 (and likely a 262 but by a smaller margin), and uses less fuel than both, but it isn't a huge leap as has been made of it. If it was a few ouces over 12lbs then they would be onto something. That is one more reason to wait for the 2260.

Thanks TK, I either read the other post wrong or was just plain mistaken. Quick response much appreciated. Russ

b12ff6f5.jpg

12lbs 7.7oz which translates to 12.48lbs

c66e6577.jpg

12lbs 12.8oz which translates to 12.8lbs

Tht's an excact match with the specs they state here!

That is as I thought: the 562 is only a couple of ounces lighter than a 357 and about 4-5 ounces lighter than a 262. I know it is smoother than a 262, and stronger than a 357 (and likely a 262 but by a smaller margin), and uses less fuel than both, but it isn't a huge leap as has been made of it. If it was a few ouces over 12lbs then they would be onto something. That is one more reason to wait for the 2260.

The 560xp is listed at 12.3 lbs, and that's the one that really should be compared to the 262xp and 357xp, since it has the same bar mount. :msp_wink:
As you surely know, the 2260 is the 560xp, not the 562.

If I'm not mistaken (and I don't believe I am) my 562xp weighed 12 pounds 12.8 ounces. Right at 12 pounds 13 ounces.

Tht's an excact match with the specs they state here!

The 560xp is listed at 12.3 lbs, and that's the one that really should be compared to the 262xp and 357xp, since it has the same bar mount. :msp_wink:
As you surely know, the 2260 is the 560xp, not the 562.

In the US the 562xp is the replacement as we're not getting the 560xp..... Even though it is a slight technicality it's what we have to go on. If the red versions are typically a little heavier, the 2260 will probably be in the 562xp weight range therefore leaving you with the choice of which bar mount do you want as the weights are going to be insignificantly different.

I think we have to come to terms with the fact that light is good, but after a while, if the saw is going to have enough metal and dense plastic to be a durable, long lasting saw, it can't weigh too little. There aren't little pockets of fat in these saws waiting to undergo liposuction when it's time for the next redesign.

The 441, 575/576 and some other saws that blimped out should be criticized, but if someone came out with a 10 lb 60cc saw I'd be a little weary, unless they had used and advertised using some new alloys, etc. I think adding the strato stuff and maintaining current weights on saws that are pretty light as it is is a commendable achievement for husky.

Pretty much right on all accounts. But will add, the 562 is considerably stronger than the 357 and stronger than the one 262 I ran. And smoother than any saw I've run.

Also, when a 20" Tech-Lite bar is added, it feels very light in the hands. :msp_biggrin:

PS. I don't think the 2260 will be noticeably lighter. Maybe a few ounces at best.

Last edited:
I think we have to come to terms with the fact that light is good, but after a while, if the saw is going to have enough metal and dense plastic to be a durable, long lasting saw, it can't weigh too little. There aren't little pockets of fat in these saws waiting to undergo liposuction when it's time for the next redesign.

The 441, 575/576 and some other saws that blimped out should be criticized, but if someone came out with a 10 lb 60cc saw I'd be a little weary, unless they had used and advertised using some new alloys, etc. I think adding the strato stuff and maintaining current weights on saws that are pretty light as it is is a commendable achievement for husky.

Exactly, and the Autotune is included in that lighter package as well! :msp_biggrin:

In the US the 562xp is the replacement as we're not getting the 560xp..... Even though it is a slight technicality it's what we have to go on. If the red versions are typically a little heavier, the 2260 will probably be in the 562xp weight range therefore leaving you with the choice of which bar mount do you want as the weights are going to be insignificantly different.

I don't believe the 2260 is halv a pound heavier than the 560xp - but time will tell.

Anyway, different bars will easily be a much larger factor regarding the end result, as usual. :smile2:

I posted long ago :msp_biggrin: when I was picking the new 562xp with 20" and new 357xp with 20" I could not feel the difference side by side. Same bar and chains.

Looks like I was right in my feel for the weight. I cant feel ounces of difference. :laugh:

I posted long ago :msp_biggrin: when I was picking the new 562xp with 20" and new 357xp with 20" I could not feel the difference side by side. Same bar and chains.

Looks like I was right in my feel for the weight. I cant feel ounces of difference. :laugh:

There is very little weight difference.

Good thing is, Husky did not pack on the pounds for the new model. :msp_biggrin:

Some weights from the German KWF test lab;

560xp, 5.6 kg = 12.3 lbs
562xp, 5.8 kg = 12.8 lbs
MS362, 6.0 kg = 13.2 lbs

Older models;

262xp, 5.8 kg = 12.8 lbs
357xp, 5.9 kg = 13.0 lbs
MS361, 5.6 kg = 12.3 lbs

The results were rounded off to the closest .1 kg, so the lbs numbers I posted are +/- .1 lbs.

Back