562xp air filter on a Jonsered 2260.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ve2vk

Jonsered 2153 WH heated carb and handles.
Reaction score
I 'm thinking of fitting a 562XP filter on a Jonsered 2260. Does anyone know if it will fit given the larger size ? The current filter is the 80 micron black filter which is for winter.

Bruno.

562 filters are specific to that saw only due to the hi top cover.

2260 shares it's filters with the 555, and it's a good idea to get rid of the black 80 micron filter. I'd get the flock one over the yellow one if it was me.

l used the nylon micron filter on my 555 cutting dry redgum:laugh:lt almost filled the intake:laugh:. l wish l had a 'who cares' approach to air fliters like the Sawtroll but different climates determine how seriously you have to take them.

562 filters are specific to that saw only due to the hi top cover.

2260 shares it's filters with the 555, and it's a good idea to get rid of the black 80 micron filter. I'd get the flock one over the yellow one if it was me.

From my experience when I got a G or WH version they came with a black 80 micron filter. The other versions came with a yellow 44 micron, and the white felt ones I ordered from my dealer..
The 2260 WH is NA in Canada right now, I had to buy the regular version. I was surprised, it came with the black 80 micron and a winter cover for the air intake. It prevents snow and too much cold air
from sucking in.

Bruno.

l used the nylon micron filter on my 555 cutting dry redgum:laugh:lt almost filled the intake:laugh:. l wish l had a 'who cares' approach to air fliters like the Sawtroll but different climates determine how seriously you have to take them.
Europe gets the yellow 44 micrometers filter as standard, niko lives in a country that is pretty much snow, trees and moose/elk... Like Alaska or Canada, only with more safety rules!
We seldom have high temperatures where the felt filter would be needed to stop the dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true (conditions and wood in general, not just climate) - the yellow 44 micron mesh filters are more than adequate here, for "normal" cutting. :)

Yep, and they are more easy to clean, you can wash them with gas, dry them with compressed air and they'll be like new.

I had the whithe flocked filter on my first 562, and it was a pain in the ass to clean it.

Back