562xp Hesitation Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not as I did not read the entire 22 pages of this thread, but, IMHO how good a product is generally comes down to how demanding the customers are that own them. I'm a mechanic for a living and I cant tell you how many times I have heard people brag about how great there vehicle has treated them and when I test drive it I find half the functions do not work, steering pulls, brakes vibrate, wheel bearings are singing etc etc. Some people simply do not care about how well something works, only that it actually works and will perform the intended task, be it poorly or not.

As long as the saw starts and the chain spins around the bar they're happy. Those of us that demand a higher precision are the ones experiencing the problems. What I'm getting at is that I would bet money there are a lot more of these out there that run "perfect" that are having this issue, but the users simply do not care about it. Thus the reason we don't hear about it other than in enthusiast crowds.

I personally own/have owned a t540xp, 550xp, 562xp, 576XP AT. Of all of them, the 576 had the best characteristics as in, it had no flat spots or hesitations. it ran like a standard carbed saw for the most part and thats the one nobody likes lol. The 550 ran well but was just like this 562 I have...Squirrely at low speeds and when on-off the trigger. It gets quite aggravating. I wont even get into the disappointment the t540xp is. It is the only saw I have ever literally wanted to throw in the trash can.

Just my opinion.

-AJ

Also want to ad, I'm not Husky or AT bashing. I'm just giving my input. I have had 3 M-tronic models too. The 241 and 441 operate pretty much flawlessly but the 261cm I didnt care for. it always seemed on the lean side for my liking. It ran well, i just liked my 261 carbed version better.

-AJ

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not as I did not read the entire 22 pages of this thread, but, IMHO how good a product is generally comes down to how demanding the customers are that own them. I'm a mechanic for a living and I cant tell you how many times I have heard people brag about how great there vehicle has treated them and when I test drive it I find half the functions do not work, steering pulls, brakes vibrate, wheel bearings are singing etc etc. Some people simply do not care about how well something works, only that it actually works and will perform the intended task, be it poorly or not.

As long as the saw starts and the chain spins around the bar they're happy. Those of us that demand a higher precision are the ones experiencing the problems. What I'm getting at is that I would bet money there are a lot more of these out there that run "perfect" that are having this issue, but the users simply do not care about it. Thus the reason we don't hear about it other than in enthusiast crowds.

I personally own/have owned a t540xp, 550xp, 562xp, 576XP AT. Of all of them, the 576 had the best characteristics as in, it had no flat spots or hesitations. it ran like a standard carbed saw for the most part and thats the one nobody likes lol. The 550 ran well but was just like this 562 I have...Squirrely at low speeds and when on-off the trigger. It gets quite aggravating. I wont even get into the disappointment the t540xp is. It is the only saw I have ever literally wanted to throw in the trash can.

Just my opinion.

-AJ

I suspect you are exactly right. I'm still waiting to see how everything shakes out with mine which has just had a carb replacement. When I have run it enough under field conditions, I will post the results in the "562XP questions" thread that I started a few months ago. For right now I can say that I ran it with the outside temp at 14deg on the morning after a -31deg overnight. I did have the plug out as per winter operating instructions. The oil was like glue. It popped on pull #3 & started on the next. After 4 tough cuts in Honey Locust with the 24in B&C, it revved well when throttled up. After 10-15 sec @ idle it still wanted to not respond as quickly as it should, but it was considerably better than before. I'm going to run a couple of more tanks through it in one cutting session before I draw any conclusions.

[QUit post: 4685781, member: 60118"]Ya, more than likely popping a new EL46 on there will cure the AIDs or whatevers inside these things.[/QUOTE]
Tk it didnt fix mine ....made it worsen it doesn't stumble now. It stalls.....a lot.
Has anyone figured this out yet?

Three quarters of the bodies can be fixed although there is always a couple that need replaced. I can fix em but it's on a carb to carb basis. The saw will not be damaged by the carb, it's just aggravating especially in colder weather. Unfortunately if you can't get a hold of a 44....just wait for the superceded carb on the way.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1342392031fap-l.png

Get to work monkey

Three quarters of the bodies can be fixed although there is always a couple that need replaced. I can fix em but it's on a carb to carb basis. The saw will not be damaged by the carb, it's just aggravating especially in colder weather. Unfortunately if you can't get a hold of a 44....just wait for the superceded carb on the way.

I've been waiting on a superceded carb since December.

Looks like it's time for the update on mine. I was able to give it a good run while helping a friend cut up a good sized oak. After getting the small stuff off, we got to the main stem which was about 30ft. long & ranged from 18in-24in dia. Outdoor temp was in the mid-30s. With the new carb it had the same old problems. The first 3 or 4 times I went to throttle up after making a cut, it just plain stalled out. It didn't matter how I started the throttling up. Sometimes I just mashed the trigger suddenly, & sometimes I tried to "tickle or coax" it into responding by careful blipping. We finished the work, & I took it back to the dealer with my report on how it ran. He shook his head & said, "It ain't right". I left the saw with him; he called Husqvarna, & they told him to replace the coil. He replaced the coil & did a reset. I tested it thoroughly before bringing it home. It performed perfectly. Allright! So far so good. Last Sat. I was again cutting with my friend, this time on a large (by my standards) maple. When the limbing was done we had a stem which divided for about 30ft. When we got below the fork into the meat of the thing, we had a trunk about 30ft long ranging from 20in-36in dia. I used over two tanks to get the job done. There was no stalling, &, it didn't matter if I set the saw down to idle for 2min., or if I went right from one cut to the next. A couple of times, after a long cut, the idle was a little slow RPM-wise (probably because the saw & carb temp were a little warmer than after a shorter cut), & throttling up did not give quite as immediate a response. There was, however, no bog like it wanted to stall, & no cough-like hesitation. I considered this to be completely normal & gave the saw a big thumbs-up! Just for the record, the original carb & the replacement carb were both EL46s. I think I finally have a winner!! BIG SMILIE!!!

Looks like it's time for the update on mine. I was able to give it a good run while helping a friend cut up a good sized oak. After getting the small stuff off, we got to the main stem which was about 30ft. long & ranged from 18in-24in dia. Outdoor temp was in the mid-30s. With the new carb it had the same old problems. The first 3 or 4 times I went to throttle up after making a cut, it just plain stalled out. It didn't matter how I started the throttling up. Sometimes I just mashed the trigger suddenly, & sometimes I tried to "tickle or coax" it into responding by careful blipping. We finished the work, & I took it back to the dealer with my report on how it ran. He shook his head & said, "It ain't right". I left the saw with him; he called Husqvarna, & they told him to replace the coil. He replaced the coil & did a reset. I tested it thoroughly before bringing it home. It performed perfectly. Allright! So far so good. Last Sat. I was again cutting with my friend, this time on a large (by my standards) maple. When the limbing was done we had a stem which divided for about 30ft. When we got below the fork into the meat of the thing, we had a trunk about 30ft long ranging from 20in-36in dia. I used over two tanks to get the job done. There was no stalling, &, it didn't matter if I set the saw down to idle for 2min., or if I went right from one cut to the next. A couple of times, after a long cut, the idle was a little slow RPM-wise (probably because the saw & carb temp were a little warmer than after a shorter cut), & throttling up did not give quite as immediate a response. There was, however, no bog like it wanted to stall, & no cough-like hesitation. I considered this to be completely normal & gave the saw a big thumbs-up! Just for the record, the original carb & the replacement carb were both EL46s. I think I finally have a winner!! BIG SMILIE!!!
Cool! Glad to hear that Husky was able to get one fixed.

Interesting, perhaps there are a few saws with carb problems and a few with coil problems, which is making it so confounding to figure out, especially if the saw does not exhibit the problem during testing.

I wish everyone good luck getting it resolved.

[QUOTE="I left the saw with him; he called Husqvarna, & they told him to replace the coil. He replaced the coil & did a reset. I tested it thoroughly before bringing it home. It performed perfectly. Allright! So far so good. Last Sat. I was again cutting with my friend, this time on a large (by my standards) maple. When the limbing was done we had a stem which divided for about 30ft. When we got below the fork into the meat of the thing, we had a trunk about 30ft long ranging from 20in-36in dia. I used over two tanks to get the job done. There was no stalling, &, it didn't matter if I set the saw down to idle for 2min., or if I went right from one cut to the next. A couple of times, after a long cut, the idle was a little slow RPM-wise (probably because the saw & carb temp were a little warmer than after a shorter cut), & throttling up did not give quite as immediate a response. There was, however, no bog like it wanted to stall, & no cough-like hesitation. I considered this to be completely normal & gave the saw a big thumbs-up! Just for the record, the original carb & the replacement carb were both EL46s. I think I finally have a winner!! BIG SMILIE!!![/QUOTE]

Hmm, a coil. I wonder if the Husky coils are a bit sensitive to the air gap. I had one Husky that gave a weak spark with the gap set to specifications. I tried adjusting it until I found a range that gave the hottest (blue) spark. I then set the coil in the middle of the range that I discovered gave the best spark. That final setting was outside the recommended range by a fair bit.

Latest posts

Back