562xp Hesitation Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you explain what you mean by the gate? I probably missed the reference and couldn't find anything relevant in the last couple of pages.

The gate is the passageway between the fins & the carburetor compartment. In the 562 it is marked by a recessed area in the firewall which must be punched out in order to allow engine heat into the carb compartment when the outdoor temp & humidity conditions might cause carb icing. If you ever do "open the gate", you have to get a plug from your dealer when you want to close the opening. Stihl recommends opening the gate when temps fall below 50. I usually do it around 40 on my Stihls & 30 on my 562XP.

I've never punched mine out to try it with the gate open... I wonder if that is the problem?

It's not likely. I did that before when the EL46 was on it, & it made no difference. The hesitation was there either way. It may have made no difference with the EL48, but I just thought I would try it & see what happened. There was some question about whether or not it made a difference in an earlier part of this thread or in another thread. I didn't really prove anything here. I just thought I would report it in case someone was wondering if there was any noticeable effect.

I was recently given a brand new 562XP and haven't had a chance to run it yet. It's got a 2012 manufacture date (must have been on the shelf for a while) and a EL44B carb. Any predictions on whether it will have issues?

mine has el46 and hasnt missed a beat flawless and puts smile on my face it seems to just be a problem for certain ones and not a problem for others.

also this thread making it to 37 pages WOW i had no idea that there was this big of a problem with the saws i only had one come in that had hesitation off idle and it was the fuel metering spring and pop off presure that was doing it

I have owned four of the 562 and one was a pita constantly. Third time it went to the dealer he put a new carb and coil on the saw under warranty. Been perfect ever since.

My dealer felt bad about the time I wasted with that one 562, so he gave me a box-o-562, trade in with 700 hours on it, bearing gave out. I rebuilt the bottom end, installed a new p/c, original EL46 carb. Strongest of all the 562 I ever ran. The old p/c were still useable but I wanted the saw 'as new'.

My dealer was/is good to me, but there is nothing worse than a crappy saw, and that one 562 was worthless as sold to me. Dealer made it more than right.

the problem has been fixed for quite some time now. the el48 is the updated replacement for saws that need it. not all saws do. if you have one that does don't whine and moan and complain about it on the web,take it and have it updated under warranty.

It wasn't a huge problem. This is a saw site and lots of internet folks come here so you see lots of issue's. I've run 5 with the old carb with zero issue's. My personal saw for going on three years with no problems.

the problem has been fixed for quite some time now. the el48 is the updated replacement for saws that need it. not all saws do. if you have one that does don't whine and moan and complain about it on the web,take it and have it updated under warranty.
Yes, Husqvarna finally fixed the problem but how long did it take? And how long did they basically deny that there was a problem and then say that it was a few isolated cases? Their customer service on ALL levels is less than awful. Their saving grace is some good dealers. I'm fortunate that I found one even though he is 5 hours away. Thanks Terry.

Just seems like it shouldn't have been such a process. I do wonder why some saws would need it and some saws wouldn't though, seems like that would be an issue across all saws with that common carb.

Think they should have took a play from Stihl's playbook and did as they did with the 661c.

I'm a Stihl guy, but I want these more fuel efficient and cleaner burning saws to become commonplace, so hopefully they've got it straightened out.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I do wonder why some saws would need it and some saws wouldn't though, seems like that would be an issue across all saws with that common carb.
This is a misconception about manufacturing - there can be design errors that effect all units, and there can be parts tolerances that effect only some. And combinations of both that drive engineers nuts.

It sounds like there is a problem with the tolerances on the throttle position sensing system on some units, so that the control processor does not see the throttle opening in time.

In a manufacturing environment such issues are simply the daily grind - nothing is ever identical. The best defence is manufacturing personnel who are alert and raise the alarm when things are not right.

I did learn a good lesson from my 'bad' 562, which is find a dealer you can trust and buy from that person. Local dealer, or a known level headed good dealer here on AS. I have purchased dozens of new saws, stihl and husky over the years and this one 562 was the first I ever needed a warranty. That speaks well to the quality of both stihl and husky.

My first 562 was flawless, like many here on AS, and I was quite vocal about it. I thought it prudent to share the experience of a 'bad' 562 with equal merit.

Definitely not whining, not exaggerating. Saw was worthless as sold to me. Dealer, supported by husky more than satisfied me and all I had to do was tell him the truth about the saws value.

-dave

101_1308.JPG

Latest posts

Back