562xp Hesitation Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
only if he can read a chart, both rows and columns, and note the part number to ask for :cheers:

while a couple ace mechanics distract him

Hmmm. Like this:

160czmv.jpg

Didn't get a pic of the three more new ones in 3/8ths, 50 gauge small mount yet or the one on the 288.

Yes, Husqvarna finally fixed the problem but how long did it take? And how long did they basically deny that there was a problem and then say that it was a few isolated cases? Their customer service on ALL levels is less than awful. Their saving grace is some good dealers. I'm fortunate that I found one even though he is 5 hours away. Thanks Terry.
There are still problems with the EL48, but like the EL46 and EL44 it is individual carb problems, it is not clean across the board. In over two years of this BS Husqvarna has yet to issue a service bulletin on the matter, in a numbers case that's how small it is. Over three years of production with the same carb worldwide and how many "problematic" ones are there?

Yeah give your head a shake.

There are still problems with the EL48, but like the EL46 and EL44 it is individual carb problems, it is not clean across the board. In over two years of this BS Husqvarna has yet to issue a service bulletin on the matter, in a numbers case that's how small it is. Over three years of production with the same carb worldwide and how many "problematic" ones are there?

Yeah give your head a shake.
But there were even less case bolt and fuel tank vent issues but there were TIB's issued on those.

But there were even less case bolt and fuel tank vent issues but there were TIB's issued on those.
Crankcase gasket failure and av mounts were a crap load, gee even took two service bulletins to address the crankcase gaskets. I have done over 20 crankcase gasket replacements, and just one carb replacement.
You think there were fewer incidences of other failures, however they were much greater and more detrimental than some carb issues.
The EL44 is the same as the EL46 carb wise....................
It boils down to basic troubleshooting and realizing not to keep chasing your tail when a bad carb is a bad carb.
Numbers wise the carb issue is a mute point in the big picture, most likely less than 5% of all units and in reality after getting rid of misdiagnosis, less than 1%.

There will be problems with the EL50 also, just give it time.

Crankcase gasket failure and av mounts were a crap load, gee even took two service bulletins to address the crankcase gaskets. I have done over 20 crankcase gasket replacements, and just one carb replacement.
You think there were fewer incidences of other failures, however they were much greater and more detrimental than some carb issues.
The EL44 is the same as the EL46 carb wise....................
It boils down to basic troubleshooting and realizing not to keep chasing your tail when a bad carb is a bad carb.
Numbers wise the carb issue is a mute point in the big picture, most likely less than 5% of all units and in reality after getting rid of misdiagnosis, less than 1%.

There will be problems with the EL50 also, just give it time.
Mr Hamish, I refuse to continue this banter with you, for you always have an answer. Apparently you are a self appointed chainsaw god and no one other than you knows anything at all about working on them. You have a good day sir.

If this thread was started and i read it, I doubt I would have bought one when I did. I'm just lucky I bought mine from Terry and he's trying to make it right.:bowdown:

Mines a 2013 2260 with the hesitation issues from the start and a couple other bigger ones Terry is in the middle of figuring out. I feel bad for Terry, he's spending his precious time on warranty work when he could be porting saws.

you would think in 2014.....well 2015 now a company as big as Husky could fit a reliable working carburettor on a 60cc two stroke engine. Its a shame as the 562 is prolly their best saw. Reminds me of my ms200t.....when everything is working as it should its a pleasure to use but a little unnessasary accelerator pump acting up will frustrate you to the point you start despising the saw.

So after 38 pages and a few youtube videos do I understand this correctly?
The EL44 had fewer problem cases than the EL46, and the EL44's that did have problems were typically fixed by rotating the throttle butterfly until it was correctly indexed so its notches lined up with the transfer slots. Is that right?

There is a thread about fixing that carb on the 200. My brother has one, loves it, but has had carb issues.
Oh l know how to fix them.....l just wish l was'nt such an expert from all the practice. But on the note of husky carbs, l have a 555 which has good throttle response and an ATsystem/carb that works spot on. lt is not a high hour saw yet though.

Well, my saw is also at Terry's. Hopefully he can get it running right and I will truly enjoy getting it back. I really do enjoy it and when was using it, it caused my 372 to sit at home a lot. I love my 372 but I'd like to have the 562 back, running as it should in the winter as that's my prime cutting season for Hedge...

Back