562XP...Today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt they would recall thousands of saws back to Sweden, paying hundreds of thousands in freight brokerage, customs fees, etc over just a little paper work issue with the epa, only to turn around and pay ocean freight and and duties, and freight to all the dealers again.....I'm not buying a paper work issue. This hiccup cost them hundreds of thousands, it'll take selling tens of thousands of this model to break even on the recall. I hope the saw turns out to be a barn burner, at over 700.00 retail it's going to be a tough sell to the commercial user or saw enthusiast.I can buy a new in box 372 xp for 80.00 more.

I doubt they sent "thousands" of saws back to Sweden. But we really don't know what happened.

Indian,

I agree there has to be a major reason to recall these saws. All I can think of is the 576 fiasco when 15 of the first 25 saws we sold blew up....husky had no answer and then poof, service bulletin for the piston/cylinder clearance issue...

Now that you mention it I do not see anything on the saw as far as revboost is concerned, so maybe it was a total revamp of the ignition/autotune?

Either way they're here and hope to put one in some wood by the weekend!

By the way your $50 discount on that 372 for $780 should apply to the 562 as well making it more attractive at 689.... But at anyrate the 562 is only $20 more then the 357 it's supposed to replace. That being said it's not too bad.

Time will tell curious to check ignition numbers vs TKs saw to see if the coil changed, I see it was produced in week 41 vs the saw assembly in week 48 which corresponds withe October recall...

Husky should issue a press release on want exactly was the issue with the saws rather than allow all the speculation to why they where recalled. Some have said rev-boost feature is gone, some say it is still there.
As a corp they have already lost their azz on this model, with all the recall cost associated with it and with the price difference between the 555 and 562, the 555 will be the blue collar saw. At a 730.00 price point your too close to 70cc saw pricing for me.

Congrats on the new saw, hope it performs to all the expectations people have built it up to. Thanks for posting!

Get real brother its a friggin chainsaw theres not going to be any sort of press release that is ridiculous. BTW ms 362 is $700 20" jan. 1st 2012. So whats the diff? $30 more and get something lighter smaller faster more powerful and with AT. Beat that!

Get real brother its a friggin chainsaw theres not going to be any sort of press release that is ridiculous. BTW ms 362 is $700 20" jan. 1st 2012. So whats the diff? $30 more and get something lighter smaller faster more powerful and with AT. Beat that!

Keep your Stihl. I have that saw and hate it. I now have the 562XP and I am much happier with it.

He had to blow up the office of the Slovakian Interior Ministry to get it.

JJ, I havent laughed like that in a good while.......:kilt:

Uh....it really wasn't funny. Note to self -- when smuggling chainsaw premix inside a balloon in your anal cavity be sure to wear static free clothing. :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
6198997988_d16c6f9631_z.jpg

6199021964_1abaa05be4_z.jpg

6198506521_0377b834f4_b.jpg

6199032340_54ac9bc507_z.jpg

6198515705_6a3c2c08c3_z.jpg

6198520615_09152569f6_b.jpg

Built week 27. And the number on the coil isn't an actual part number. Nothing registers.

Indian,

I agree there has to be a major reason to recall these saws. All I can think of is the 576 fiasco when 15 of the first 25 saws we sold blew up....husky had no answer and then poof, service bulletin for the piston/cylinder clearance issue...

Now that you mention it I do not see anything on the saw as far as revboost is concerned, so maybe it was a total revamp of the ignition/autotune?

Either way they're here and hope to put one in some wood by the weekend!

By the way your $50 discount on that 372 for $780 should apply to the 562 as well making it more attractive at 689.... But at anyrate the 562 is only $20 more then the 357 it's supposed to replace. That being said it's not too bad.

Time will tell curious to check ignition numbers vs TKs saw to see if the coil changed, I see it was produced in week 41 vs the saw assembly in week 48 which corresponds withe October recall...

Would anyone happen to have a copy of that bulletin and any others related to piston failure available? I was given the bulletin number of B0900030 regarding that problem but don't know the true cause of the problem or the fix.

Back