570 Crank splitter tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armosh

Functioning Idiot
Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can use the "C" type crank splitter or do I have to use the #502 52 49-01 husqvarna tool listed in the shop manual? I see the C type tool all over but having a lot of trouble finding the other type in stock anywhere. Thanks for the help.

All the 575 and 76's have crank stuffers. I assume the 570's do too. Haven't had the smaller bore saw down that far yet. I got the case splitter and it was a good decision. Although to my knowledge it only works on this style chassis's.

All the 575 and 76's have crank stuffers. I assume the 570's do too. Haven't had the smaller bore saw down that far yet. I got the case splitter and it was a good decision. Although to my knowledge it only works on this style chassis's.
Good deal. I'll order the tool then. Out of curiousity; what exactly does a crank stuffer do? Thanks for the help.

They are a two piece insert that snaps together surrounding the crankshaft counterweight webbing. In other words it fills the open void in crankcase. Hence the term stuffer. That's why a typical splitter won't work.

Back