570 Muffler Mod??...Strato???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddBomber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I made a lunch date for friday with a friend of mine.... Told her to meet me at my job site around 1:00... hoping that i would be able to clock out early. Well, we got a late start on friday morning, and at noon (97 degrees) I still had about 12 trees to fell (lots of mature oaks have been dying off lately???). Of course she showed up early, and stood leaning against my jeep watching me work. I finally finished up around 1:30, and was able to punch out by 2:00. At a nearby pizza joint she began telling me about her father being deployed to Iraq, and how her little brother was taking over the wood-cutting for heat this coming winter. He had to buy a new saw because his old one quit working... My raised eyebrow prompted her to explain more....
Needless to say, her little brother (a 19 year old kid) stopped by today with his (?or his father's?) saws. His "broken" one is a husky 51, and his new one is a husky 570. Both good firewood saws. The 51 looked very abused and misused... to say the least. Anyway, an hour later i acrued a list of parts needed (filters mostly) and off we went to the dealer. On the way home we began discussing muffler mods and thier benefits; one thing led to another, and I ended up agreeing to modding the muffler.... When I finished the kid was super-thrilled. (honestly the mod was very easy, and made a massive difference for a Husky)
Now he want's me to mod his 570. I've done some research, and am unsure it it is practicle. Is the 570 a Cat strato saw? I know it is the 365's replacement, and have heard of duel muffler air outlets????? If the 570 is a strato, isn't it pointless to mod them?

The strato saws have non-cat mufflers. No reason you couldn't mod them the same as with regular saws.

Back