576 at

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mingo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Thinking about buying a 576AT would like to hear from some loggers how they are holding up for them, and if there is any problems. Bought a 575 when they 1st came out and had a lot of trouble with it.

I'd get a regular old carbed version. My dealer isn't sold on the auto tune, been a few kinks. So if they don't like it, I'd get the tried and true. And they have been rock solid after the crank issues were figured early on with the 575. I have a 575, and it's been 100%. I replaced the carb recently, ethanol eats them like candy. Run the blue stabil or the equivalent in every single tank.

I'd get a regular old carbed version. My dealer isn't sold on the auto tune, been a few kinks. So if they don't like it, I'd get the tried and true. And they have been rock solid after the crank issues were figured early on with the 575. I have a 575, and it's been 100%. I replaced the carb recently, ethanol eats them like candy. Run the blue stabil or the equivalent in every single tank.

Thanks for the input. Do what they are having problems with on the autotune?

Thanks for the input. Do what they are having problems with on the autotune?

I don't know exactly what. But the owner of the shop (BIG dealer, does much repair and sales) says to buy the carb. Same power, same weight, less money, dead nuts reliable.

I don't know exactly what. But the owner of the shop (BIG dealer, does much repair and sales) says to buy the carb. Same power, same weight, less money, dead nuts reliable.

Thanks again, I don't want to make the same mistake I did buying 2 dolmar 7900's they where nothing but a pain. I got sucked in by all the weekend warriors on here raving about them.

Thanks again, I don't want to make the same mistake I did buying 2 dolmar 7900's they where nothing but a pain. I got sucked in by all the weekend warriors on here raving about them.

I agree about the Dolmars. Wicked power for the entire 30 minutes they run. The 576 Carb should be one of those saws you keep for the duration. I doubt I'll ever part with my 575. I actually hate to pick up the 372 now...feels like a toy with tiny handlebars and too much vibration.
Great saw, just not as great as the 575 IMO. My next saw would be the 390XP if the damn bars were the large size like the 576...they seem to be the same as the 372..bummer..

FYI, I use them logging..

I agree about the Dolmars. Wicked power for the entire 30 minutes they run. The 576 Carb should be one of those saws you keep for the duration. I doubt I'll ever part with my 575. I actually hate to pick up the 372 now...feels like a toy with tiny handlebars and too much vibration.
Great saw, just not as great as the 575 IMO. My next saw would be the 390XP if the damn bars were the large size like the 576...they seem to be the same as the 372..bummer..

FYI, I use them logging..

I know you log that's why I'm glad you gave the heads upon the autotune.I did like the bigger
handles on the 575 I had. Was using the blue stabil but have switched to star tron my saw guy
likes it and it was on sale at TSC.

Only had the chance to run one 576 so far. Guy buckin firewood in the Blues had one; he'd dropped a snag across a road and didn't know I was up there camping. In order to get the road clear and me on my way, we swapped back and forth between my Dolmar and his Husky; in the end, both of us were favorably impressed by each other's saws. I like the A/V on the 576, but can't shake the feeling that I'm missing something in terms of feeling what's happening out at the pointy end of the saw. Power is good, and not too peaky. Filtration seems excellent. I'm willing to withhold judgment beyond these first impressions until I have more time behind the beast, but so far, it seems a fine machine.

Only had the chance to run one 576 so far. Guy buckin firewood in the Blues had one; he'd dropped a snag across a road and didn't know I was up there camping. In order to get the road clear and me on my way, we swapped back and forth between my Dolmar and his Husky; in the end, both of us were favorably impressed by each other's saws. I like the A/V on the 576, but can't shake the feeling that I'm missing something in terms of feeling what's happening out at the pointy end of the saw. Power is good, and not too peaky. Filtration seems excellent. I'm willing to withhold judgment beyond these first impressions until I have more time behind the beast, but so far, it seems a fine machine.

Thanks for the input, I'm leaning toward the 576 the Old Timer thinks it more reliable. Everytime I've tried a new model 575, 7900, jonsesred 910 had bad luck.

heard that, your balls won't hang any lower for toting a 660 either.

But you ought to try one if you haven't. a little more torque and hopped up to get good chain speed, a good pro saw.

IMO, if I were you I would definetly get one. You might wanna check out the thread by Brad about the 441 R. It runs fantastic. There will be a 576 AT there to compare it with in a couple days. I imagine it will be even stronger than the 441 R by Stihl. They are also very good on fuel. There AV is prolly the best on any Husqvarna saw. And that is really saying something. I would imagine its the best saw Husqvarna has came out with in a while. I know that there may be problems with others in other places, but certainly not all.

Latest posts

Back