576at and 390xp weight

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrgoodkat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A long time ago somebody posted pics of a 390xp fueled up and on a scale but i cant find it even with the advanced search. Im thinkin about running my 2 saw plan with a 390 now instead of getting the auto tune. I figure with the 390xp not weighing much more on paper Its worth it for the extra power. I dont need a saw that big, but ive always wanted one. So does anyone know what these two weigh in the real world?

Last edited:
576 is a hair over 15 lbs and a 390 with flush handle is 16.3 or so. It's in the thread Anthony listed.

Im surprised nobody weighed a 660 in that thread. Thanks guys for the link. Hey mike, did you like your auto tune 576 ehile you had it, or would you buy a 390 again?

Im surprised nobody weighed a 660 in that thread. Thanks guys for the link. Hey mike, did you like your auto tune 576 ehile you had it, or would you buy a 390 again?

The 576 is a fine saw and it pulled a 32" pretty good for a 73cc saw. I like the 395 a little better than the 390 for a big saw. If the saw is going to be the main saw then a 390 might be a little more manageable for several hours over a 395. The 576 does balance well and will do anything you need with a 28" bar or shorter just fine.

So i take it brad is all for the 390xp lol! Theres just something about that saw. Everytime i see one or hold one i get a warm, fuzzy feeling. Based on looks alone, its my favorite saw. I sold my ms460 over a year ago and havent replaced it yet, one of the reasons being i cant decide what i want. But no matter what, i always seem to come back to it.

Last edited:
I have never ran a 390 but I do have a lot of experience with a 460 and 7900. Neither saw was ported. Of the three, 460 7900 576At, I like the 576 best. The 576 now has an advantage being ported but I think I like it best stock also. I did like the 7900 a lot, nothing wrong with it at all.

I never noticed a weight difference between them.

Last edited:
Back