• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 585 Husky in a box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupedoggy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Seem to be all there except the carburetor. Late model Husqvarna 585. The cylinder looks good. The crankshaft seems tight. It is a low hour saw by the looks of the condition. Piston good, chain brake good muffler good, starter good. I think it was not making spark and was taken apart to check out other possibilities of failure or maybe the carb. Well here it is for someone that wants to mess with it. $345 plus shipping. Altogether and running would be a $1000 saw maybe.DSCN4669.JPGDSCN4670.JPGDSCN4667.JPGDSCN4668.JPGDSCN4671.JPG

That crankshaft is tight with no up down motion at all. I can look in the side view and see a perfect bearing. What makes you think the bearings are bad? There is no play on the flywheel side and no play on the pto side. These bearings are good. Piston and cylinder are good. It is something else that made it get put away. Ignition, carburetion?

That crankshaft is tight with no up down motion at all. I can look in the side view and see a perfect bearing. What makes you think the bearings are bad? There is no play on the flywheel side and no play on the pto side. These bearings are good. Piston and cylinder are good. It is something else that made it get put away. Ignition, carburetion?
I took tight as in the crank didn't move, I see what you mean now.

Back