6-second street car.Awesum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray it was spitting out the last bit of a ford that it sucked up the pipe.

A lot of racers run a two step ignition system. This system cuts the ignition to the cylinders at random, after the engine exceeds a certain RPM. Its basically a rev-limiter. The driver can set the low-side RPM of the two-step, to be his launch rpm, the high side is usually the engines red line.

Once you activate the two step, the driver floors the throttle while staging and he won't have to worry about over-revving the engine at the line. Once you release the two-step, the engine is basically unleashed with the throttle wide open. You can recognize a two-step by the uneven pop-pop-pop- of the motor and the sparks are unburnt fuel in the exhaust.

Your buddies chevelle launches hard. very cool. I still can't believe that nova was in the rain. Talk about a handful to drive.

Nice 67, & with a 5 speed too, although I have a pref. for 66's!
Needs suspension work, got lots of ET left in it.
The 1032HP reading was @ the rear wheels, proly over 1200 @ the crank, very conservative for a turbo car.
Cheers.
Paul

My buddys got a couple impalas, this one runs 9's all motor, he's a little faster than me:cheers:
attachment.php

Back