60cc for just over $100????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The state gave a little cutting course here decades ago. Mainly home owners showed up.
If you would apply for a job here with not at least 3 of those certificates, you would not stand a chance. Tree climbing certificate helps as well.
There are dozens of acknowledged tree working courses you can do, most of them take 3 or 4 days. The basic one is just a single day.
I am not in the business so I do not strictly need them.
Just wanted to learn the basics properly, in stead from youtube where it is not really sure that the youtuber knows what he is doing.
I have seen a few where I am quite sure the youtuber barely knows what end of the chainsaw to hold.
I might do a light felling cert. in the future for fun and because it is cool to know. That is up to 14 inch diameter trees.
There is also heavy felling for the bigger chaps but that would be way too much for me, although I never say never.

Just doing this as home owner as well, and came here to lurk for info and to chat with the amazing people here.
All the question I wanted to ask have been asked (and answered) a dozen times here already, so there is plenty of reading material, for which my thanks!

If you would apply for a job here with not at least 3 of those certificates, you would not stand a chance. Tree climbing certificate helps as well.
There are dozens of acknowledged tree working courses you can do, most of them take 3 or 4 days. The basic one is just a single day.
I am not in the business so I do not strictly need them.
Just wanted to learn the basics properly, in stead from youtube where it is not really sure that the youtuber knows what he is doing.
I have seen a few where I am quite sure the youtuber barely knows what end of the chainsaw to hold.
I might do a light felling cert. in the future for fun and because it is cool to know. That is up to 14 inch diameter trees.
There is also heavy felling for the bigger chaps but that would be way too much for me, although I never say never.

Just doing this as home owner as well, and came here to lurk for info and to chat with the amazing people here.
All the question I wanted to ask have been asked (and answered) a dozen times here already, so there is plenty of reading material, for which my thanks!
I started out cutting to heat the house, homeowner. Then everyone had wood for free. Soon after I had 20 cords piled up. Then they were clearing for a new highway. They were complaining about piles of logs the size of small ranch houses disappearing overnight. I know nothing but my husky 2100 cd was smoking everything it went after. I had so many cords piled up I started selling. No certs needed. I was offered 200 cord lots to cut. I was willing to go whole hog but a good paying job came up. I stayed cutting full time and part time between jobs. I never gave up completely till the cancer hit.

So many choices on less expensive saws. The first thing is are they backed up by the manufacturer with a parts supply. The HUS 365 is a Husqvarna clone the parts interchange. I feel safer with it for $300. If it doesn’t last it’s a build next.

The senix is a novelty a toy.

So does that mean an increase or decrease in your Chinese saw posts?
At your age you should have perhaps opted for the aluminium crank model that started this thread- think of the weight saving! :p
Wait a minute am I boring you with the Chinese talk,? Sorry.

The top quality pro saws are so expensive, there’s top level. Mid level, bottom level then the bargain basement Chinese saws. Your average homeowner isn’t going to drop $1,000 on a chainsaw. Plus there shopping at the big box store.

here's some Ridgeyard pics :)
pull the Damper...

Attachments

• ridgeyard 1.jpeg
    ridgeyard 1.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 2
  • ridgeyard 2.jpeg
    ridgeyard 2.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ridgeyard 3.jpeg
    ridgeyard 3.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 1