630B bearing and bolt questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwm

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Greasing my 630B yesterday I discovered one of the ring spacers (between the wheel and the bearing) was very loose. The wheel seems firm so I think the bearings are okay, but why is this ring spacer so loose? How do you know if your bearings are bad?

Bolt question: Wondering why this spacer was loose I checked the outside shaft bolt and saw it sticking out a little so I tightened it up....too tight and broke the head off! This week I'm going to break it down and I'm HOPING there is enough left of the bolt shaft to remove with vise grips so I won't have to drill and extract the bolt. Do you think I'll be able to take it out without drilling it?

As always Thanks!

Mike

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

Bolt removal

Take a flat washer and mig weld it to the bolt. Then mig weld a large nut to the flat washer. Then unscrew the bolt. Before that last step make sure you know that it is not a left hand thread.:confused: :confused:

Thanks for the advice. I'm pretty sure the bearings are fine or I would have noticed the vibration the last time I used it. But, if I can't get this plate off to get to the bolt, it sounds like a great suggestion!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back