68 drive link count 3/8 Stihl chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowtie

Gearhead
Reaction score
I have two loops of this (Stihl RS 3/8 .050) that is 68 dl count. What does it fit? 20" bar is 72 dl, 18" bar is 66dl. Anyone have an idea? I have looked on Stihl's site, and nothing.

I suppose it could be. My experience is with Stihl for the most part, but the guy that I got the loops from had a 257xp and now has a 357xp. Well, anyway Im taking them to work tomorrow and Im going to make them into a 91 dl count to fit my 28" bar.

I didnt know Stihl assembled chains with drive link numbers for different brands of saws. I just assumed all the chains were drive link numbered for Stihl bars.

I didnt know Stihl assembled chains with drive link numbers for different brands of saws. I just assumed all the chains were drive link numbered for Stihl bars.

Stihl chain comes in a reel, just like all the other chain. Any dealer should be able to make loops in 66, 68, or any other number.

A few years ago the issued a list of Stihl chain fitups for lots of different saw brands, even offering .058 chains for Husky etc (but they aren't around here - closest sourse I have found is in Germany).

Stihl chain comes in a reel, just like all the other chain. Any dealer should be able to make loops in 66, 68, or any other number.

Maybe in the US, but most here just get premade loops from the distributer.

LOL, it doesnt matter anymore, those 2 loops are now one loop for my 28" bar. Tomorrow Im going to try out the Stihl chain grinder. I'm liking the fact the place I work is a Stihl dealer/repair shop!

Latest posts

Back