7.3 Powerstroke Synthetic or Regular 15W40 ??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$40 for an oil change? Not for a 7.3 diesel (15 quarts). From everything I've read you will still have to change your oil every 5000 miles whether it's synthetic or dino. I use rotella and haven't had a problem.

Sorry, that is for my wifes van or my jeep (5 quarts)

I just got done doing a change on her van the other day after 6000 miles, (her trips are usually under 15 miles, so no long trips) and that oil looked and felt like it could have went another 6000.

thats the price now on ford 15w40??? i loaded up on the last wally sale--

Mobil delvac. I got 8 gallons at that price. I wish the ford oil was $8 a jug that would make a real cheap oil change.

All my freinds, co workers, and I use mobil-1, yes its expensive, $100 oil change with a XE filter. Ask yourself what a new truck costs and make the decision yourself. BTW a new truck wont have a 7.3, youll have to put up with even more maintainance and expense with a new diesel.

The oil change doesn't cost that much more in the new 6.4 trucks. The fuel filter is what is so expensive. A motorcraft is $80, a wix $62, and then a fram off brand is $27. It has the same numbers on it as the motorcraft. The oil filters are the same in the fram box or the motorcraft. I don't think any of the new trucks will last as long as the 7.3 does. My 6.4 went into regen and stayed in it for 100 miles. I used a half a tank of fuel for that 100 miles.

I went form a 5.9 cummins to a 6.4. I was used to a $40 oil change and a $14 fuel filter.

All my freinds, co workers, and I use mobil-1, yes its expensive, $100 oil change with a XE filter. Ask yourself what a new truck costs and make the decision yourself. BTW a new truck wont have a 7.3, youll have to put up with even more maintainance and expense with a new diesel.

That's exactly right. If your investment is substantial, so should your maintainance program be....! You get what you pay for.

My oil at last purchase was $540 per 55gal drum, filters were $44 per case of 12, truck, purchased in '90, '82 GMC (3/4T, 4X4, 8600 gvw, 170,000 miles), was $1000, complete with burned up transmission. Repair cost was $500, including $200 for rear axle parts.

It now has 245,000 miles with minimal expense, used as a parts runner, trailer towing, etc. Not a daily driver, just a farm truck. Regular services every 2500 miles, fuel filters @ 7,500, coolant every two years, etc. If I could justify the expense of a newer truck, I'd have one but, for now this one serves me well.

Latest posts

Back