7015 vs 7015trx vs 8018trx stump grinders??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GarethVW

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am hopefully going to be able to upgrade my stump grinder soon. I have narrowed down my choices to these Carlton models. What do you guys think? I mostly do residential work but I am getting into light lot clearing. Where I work access is not a problem there haven't been very many stumps that I haven't been able to get to with my vermeer 665b and a truck. So any self propelled machine will get me to 99.5% of the stumps I get. The biggest reason I wouldn't end up with the 8018 is cost I am thinking mid 20k's is about what i can spend. I can find the 7015 for that. Tracks vs wheels? They seem to be priced similarly used.

not to start a pissin match wheels vs track. all round res & land clearing the 7015 trx w/ wireless remote is a good setup. it will go places that would amaze you . and i would recomend the sandvik disc. you mite find one for around 20/30k. just make shure it's not trashed. if i were to have one grinder the trx 7015 wireless would be it. good luck.

I only have one grinder and it is a 7015TRX. It is a go anywhere/grind anything machine. I do mostly residential stuff, but now and then get a big land clearing job.
I think the 8018 is too big and too heavy to put on most of the residential lawns where I work. The HP of the 7015 is perfect and can handle any size stump with ease. I highly recommend the 7015TRX if you plan on doing any land clearing. The rubber tire machine will get flats quite often out in the woods, they are easier to turn over on hillsides, and they bog down in soft ground conditions.
I really doubt you will find a 7015TRX in excellent CONDITION for under $30,000. You might find one in FAIR condition for around $25,000. Thee are junkers out there for less, but they will eat you alive with repair costs.
Jeff

Without a doubt, get the 7015trx!!! Small enough to get in tight places and strong enough to get even big jobs done.

2008-09-29057.jpg

2008-09-29058.jpg

2008-06-23002.jpg

stormchaser

yea go ahead and get a track 8-10k a yrs parts lol belts 650 lol 4012 will do same just lil slower 1 belts 90.00 others 182.00

yea go ahead and get a track 8-10k a yrs parts lol belts 650 lol 4012 will do same just lil slower 1 belts 90.00 others 182.00

A sixty horse machine is at least 4 times faster than any 25 horse machine and you know what they say: Time is money!

stormchaser

4012 33 hp turbo yes it smaller but cheaper to run and will grind most the same stumps your grinding just NOT as fast if he's learnin he wont need a money pit like you have

4012 33 hp turbo yes it smaller but cheaper to run and will grind most the same stumps your grinding just NOT as fast if he's learnin he wont need a money pit like you have

I was only pointing the reason that the parts cost more. (bugger and MUCH MUCH more productive.)

I don't know where you are getting your numbers from, but they are not even close to correct.
My first track machine was a used, 4 year old Bandit. I ran it 2 years, and other than teeth, only replaced one hydraulic hose on it.
My current track machine is a Carlton 7015TRX. It was bought new, is currently 3 years old, and the only thing I have replaced is the key switch for about $28.00. I expect the machine to run at least 2000 hours with no big repair costs. The engine is good for 8,000 - 10,000 hours, from my previous experience with them.
The little Kohler-powered, walk behind machines have an engine life of generally less than 2000 hours. ( I know, as I used to be a Kohler dealer). Belts tear up often, as they are very small in size compared to the big diesel machines. The little machine just beat themselves to death, while the big machines easily grind through anything with little stress on the components.
Please don't make up numbers from thin air.
The small machines have their place, but when you can justify a bigger machine, it is the only way to go. time is money and the big machines save a BUNCH of time.
Jeff

stormchaser

ok mowerhead you just havent put enough hours on it yet....but you will start buying rollers and under carrage parts soon....i have 6 friends with 7015 trx and welll you will see very soon ...i was just saying a smaller machine cost less to operate than largers ones and im going to buy one soon enough but i have a really great plan in place and it wont matter soon as i get going on this deal im working on and by the way some of you guys with 7015 trx may want in on my deal i have in place just let me know if you like making alott of money in a very short time ....see u in the funny papers

do you NOT know that 4012 comes with 24hpgas 35hpgas 33turbo like mine kobota and 44 hp turbos:hmm3grin2orange:
http://www.arboristsite.com/images/...stsite.com/images/smilies/hmm3grin2orange.gif
id still have a 1102 vermeer and 802 vermeer if i hadnt gotten ripped off few yrs ago id have what i need to do my contracts with but ill get there soon it my take lil longer to get there but it will be fine i have enclosed trailer set up for tree service and grinding at storms thats very important if ur going stormchasing an need a place to sleep guys ill trade for a 7015 all my stuff for 7015 rather have trx but tire will work good nuff im asking 40k

stormchaser

I am hopefully going to be able to upgrade my stump grinder soon. I have narrowed down my choices to these Carlton models. What do you guys think? I mostly do residential work but I am getting into light lot clearing. Where I work access is not a problem there haven't been very many stumps that I haven't been able to get to with my vermeer 665b and a truck. So any self propelled machine will get me to 99.5% of the stumps I get. The biggest reason I wouldn't end up with the 8018 is cost I am thinking mid 20k's is about what i can spend. I can find the 7015 for that. Tracks vs wheels? They seem to be priced similarly used.
hey dude give me a call i have a grinder 4sale 256-759-4349

Back