• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 70cc + stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harzack223

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello all, been out of the chainsaw loop for a few years and wanted to get back into it. I am looking for a stihl 70cc and up to compliment my 261. Probably 044 440 441 046 or 460 but would certainly consider an 064. Let me know what you have and how much you would like. Looking to spend in the $350-500 range and don't mind if its not the prettiest as long as it runs well.

I have a ms 460 arctic that I have been debating on getting rid of! It has less than 10 tanks through it after rattler saw's did the port work. Here is a video of it right after I got it back.

The only issue is that it is going to be above your price range that you have listed. If your interested in hearing more let me know.

I have a Stihl MS660 that might be in your price range. It came out of my uncle's estate. When I got it, it was torn down to replace the oiler, and the brake band was out of it. I remember him saying he took it out because he only used it for milling. Badge was missing off of it.

Anyways, I put a good used oiler in it. Replaced the brake band assembly and put in a new clutch bearing. I had a 066 badge laying around so I put it on there. It still needs a clutch cover but I have one coming. Has the factory 3/4 wrap handle.

Only remaining problem is the spark plug hole threads are a little messed up. Could probably be touched up with a tap, worst case scenario you put a helicoil in it.

Would take $500+ shipping as-is.

IMG_20160719_115234.jpg IMG_20160719_115241.jpg IMG_20160719_115245.jpg IMG_20160719_115252.jpg

I have a Stihl MS660 that might be in your price range. It came out of my uncle's estate. When I got it, it was torn down to replace the oiler, and the brake band was out of it. I remember him saying he took it out because he only used it for milling. Badge was missing off of it.

Anyways, I put a good used oiler in it. Replaced the brake band assembly and put in a new clutch bearing. I had a 066 badge laying around so I put it on there. It still needs a clutch cover but I have one coming. Has the factory 3/4 wrap handle.

Only remaining problem is the spark plug hole threads are a little messed up. Could probably be touched up with a tap, worst case scenario you put a helicoil in it.

Would take $500+ shipping as-is.

View attachment 514322 View attachment 514323 View attachment 514324 View attachment 514325

I wish you were looking for some trades.

Hey Jonathan, thanks for thinking of me, I'm a little slow on the draw lol.
I only have a few that size, and they are either above that price:(, or staying with me:).
044 $400
MS440 $450

Plus shipping to you.

Both with 20" bar and chain. Both all serviced and ready to go.
Could be some nice saws there.
Please send me a picture of the one that doesn't sell, yes I "need" a few more in that size :D.
I see that, I need to get ahold of him asap!
Hurry up before I sneak in on your action.
Good luck with you search H223.
Please post pictures of what you end up getting :picture:.

Realizing I may have to up my price range a little bit. I'm kinda leaning towards a 460 and putting a 25 on it.
Did you find a good one somewhere? Good for you if you did.

A 372, 576 might suit you, if you can "dig" the single color scheme. If you're set on a German saw maybe take a gander at a 7910. On the red and black Swedish side Jonsereds are very nice.
The offerings by @retoocs555 are definitely worth a look, in my opinion.

Did you find a good one somewhere? Good for you if you did.

A 372, 576 might suit you, if you can "dig" the single color scheme. If you're set on a German saw maybe take a gander at a 7910. On the red and black Swedish side Jonsereds are very nice.
The offerings by @retoocs555 are definitely worth a look, in my opinion.
If you can dig a single color scheme lol, with multiple shades :cool:
OP The 372 rocks as well as the 576:rock:, and can also be found for in the standard carbed models.
A couple months ago I could have set you up with a nice jred 2171
@A10egress had a low hr 576 for $600 I think.

He messaged me this morning with pictures. I called him later this morning about the 044/440 left a message and havent heard back.

Back