81hp diesel splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoosierwoody

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey everyone, Just put together my splitter package from northern tool and attached it to my bobcat. This thing sure can split at any rpm. Cycle time is 11 seconds at full throttle and 20 seconds at idle. This is not my permanent power, I just got my 10 hp diesel engine and two stage pump.

My automated voice control valve is really handy. When I say up the ram goes up, when I say down it goes down. The only problem is when the autovalve has to potty I have to completely stop the wood splitting.(see picture)

Hopefully I will have it together by next week. Let me know what you guys think!

Hey everyone, Just put together my splitter package from northern tool and attached it to my bobcat. This thing sure can split at any rpm. Cycle time is 11 seconds at full throttle and 20 seconds at idle. This is not my permanent power, I just got my 10 hp diesel engine and two stage pump.

My automated voice control valve is really handy. When I say up the ram goes up, when I say down it goes down. The only problem is when the autovalve has to potty I have to completely stop the wood splitting.(see picture)

Hopefully I will have it together by next week. Let me know what you guys think!

I need pics of my autovalve! He is generally straddling the ram in horizontal mode....

That Auto-valve has got to be one off the most thought out nicest ones I have seen. Looks like the only problem will be in about 20 years or so the Auto-valve will run away with one off his own kind. That's the only trouble with that kind. Of course some feel like they have 2 at that time,and if you wait they tend to at least double or triple in numbers. Then you will have more auto-valves then you know what to do with. (That is a good thing)

The auto valve is definetly the highlight of that splitter set up. It's one of those features that only get better with time. Before you know it, the auto valve will also become an auto cutter, meaning you will have to invest in another saw. The only thing is when they become an auto cutter, they tend to demand payment for services. Having three auto valves myself I can tell you that they never get tired of being the auto valve, there is something about splitting wood that they just have to be part of the process.
Great pictures and post, rep sent.

The problems associated with those autovalves are:

(1) They don't stay on the splitter when you roll it back into the lean-to.
(2) They continue to consume fuel and money even when not in use.
(3) The maintenance costs are astronomical.
(4) They're loud.

I'd rather run the splitter myself. LOL

Ian

Nice looking set. Youll have to show more pics. The auto valve is funny too. I have 5 kids and cant seem to get help for more than 10 minutes out of them before they lose interest. :cheers:

Great post and great pic. How old is your autovalve? I've got one that'll be 4 in august and I was thinkin of trying out a similar setup on my horizontal splitter. It's at least 30 years old and I need to replace the valve that was on it 20+ years ago (me).

Good job on the spiltter, nice autovalve I am sure you will get years of use out of this style.

Rep sent for nice Autovalve

Beefie

Awesome:clap:

I used to have a auto valve too. But he quit waiting for the nod and started engaging the ram before I was ready. He started when he was 4. I should get him from my sister more often.

SPLITTER.JPG

Billy

Awesome:clap:

I used to have a auto valve too. But he quit waiting for the nod and started engaging the ram before I was ready. He started when he was 4. I should get him from my sister more often.

Billy[/QUOTE]

That is one heck of a wedge!

Thanks Htpf43

My grandpa and brother made the splitter 20+ years ago

Billy

:) Gotta keep those family things goin. I "inherrited" my dads splitter when he stopped using it and I intend on getting my son hooked on it like I was when I was his age. I had to replace the engine last year for one with an electronic ignition - otherwise it loooks just like it did when my old man brought it home over 30 years ago.

Oh and I forgot to compliment you on your saw collection. I've got a few stihl saws but man I love my J'reds!

Cute kid, but why are you making him wear such an ugly jacket? Is he being punished for something? :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back