880 oils seals

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Procut

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just picked me up some from HLSupply and was wondering if anyone has used them. Should I go OEM or just install them. I have a Stihl seal puller but am wondering how difficult is it to install in the 880. Thanks in advance.

Hey bud.
I'm no too fluent in the "big honking size" saws...but in general I avoid the AM seals. I try to price the "gasket kits" as they are generally cheaper then purchasing just the seals. (Seals are included in kit with case gaskets and some other bits). Clean off the crank shaft real well and light lube the inner seal lip.
You have a service manual ?
I'll email you one if you need

A

Thanks guys , I had a few saws returned to me from evidence and this 880 is one of them , got it back scored but cylinder can be saved. Just got an OEM piston kit for it but feel the need to replace seals.

Thanks guys , I had a few saws returned to me from evidence and this 880 is one of them , got it back scored but cylinder can be saved. Just got an OEM piston kit for it but feel the need to replace seals.

so it was stolen...then used...and scored ? :mad:
man it just keeps getting better.....

at least you got it back.:(

3 saws returned as of now , it's a start. I got my trailer back too , empty , but got it back.

Back