90 ft. OmmeLift

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that thing is pretty impressive... but I think that thing Ace has is like a hundred and eighty feet plus. Now that's bad ass!!

I think it's 60 meters and I think they have two of them. Basically a crane with a Flyjib at that point. Those things push a million dollar price tag.

A spider lift is in the near future for me. I gotta let the sting wear off from the chippers and stump grinders this year. But a 30-35t model might be in next years budget. I won't even consider one less than 100ft because they have somewhat limited side reach. A 100ft probably has 40-45 of side reach

Last edited:
I think it's 60 meters and I think they have two of them. Basically a crane with a Flyjib at that point. Those things push a million dollar price tag.

A spider lift is in the near future for me. I gotta let the sting wear off from the chippers and stump grinders this year. But a 30-35t model might be in next years budget. I won't even consider one less than 100ft because they have somewhat limited side reach. A 100ft probably has 40-45 of side reach

Sounds like a solid plan bud, just don't forget the pics!! Wink, wink.. :laugh:

What about that big monstrosity of a truck your building that's gotta be breaking the OL' piggy bank too , did you get anywhere with some pics of that ?

What about that big monstrosity of a truck your building that's gotta be breaking the OL' piggy bank too , did you get anywhere with some pics of that ?

Marquis wanted to see it to and soon enough I guess I'll just put it out there. Since its a first, some of the things on it are patent pending. Timberland has a few things on there crane that significantly set them apart from the competition . No other crane builder can build a comparable crane with the same features. The smaller crane isn't gonna be getting any up close of the boom either until patents are done. Nothing electrical just something jack came up with that is as slick as a pulley or when they first tried a ports wrap.

I put around 40% of business income back into the company every year. Probably will do it forever. Not in the neat future but if I can find a suitable crew I wouldn't hesitate to put a big stick crane on the road 60+ton

Take a look at Upequip.ca. really impressed about quality, and a lot more cheaper ( but maybee to much expensive for us righrt now...)
We renting their 70 and 100' unit couple of time since last summer

Take a look at Upequip.ca. really impressed about quality, and a lot more cheaper ( but maybee to much expensive for us righrt now...)
We renting their 70 and 100' unit couple of time since last summer
I agree. I really like the this lift. That will be my next purchase. The other lift that I like is the Hinowa 23.12. It is the exact same lift as the JLG X700AJ. JLG invested in Hinowa and now has the rights for North America. There is one on ebay for $98,000... JLG sells the same lift for $185,000. Hope this helps...

Yes, I got the lift last Feb. 82 Omme. Happy so far. I've had a few issues with the machine. Mercury basket level switch which would cause the machine to stop was the most serious because it was hard to track down. Left me stranded in the air a couple of times. I work by myself almost all of the time so I keep an 85 ft. bail out rope but I'm not crazy about using it. I went through two corded drive controller boxes. The one that came with the machine and the replacement were both Italian made. The third one was Danish and I haven't had any trouble with that. There were some problem s with winter operation. Because of the extreme cold this winter the outrigger deployment and position switches would freeze and require some hand manipulation. Solved by spraying with WD40. There was a recall for a defective boom hose. Tracked Lifts hauled it back to Connecticut to do the work so I was without the lift for 10 days. The service on the lift has been excellent. I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes to get a call back from the rep. With the exception of the basket level switch which was a little elusive every issue I've ever had was solved over the phone within a few minutes and the phone conversation always ends up with the rep telling me to call him 24/7, holidays included. That kind of service is worth a lot. When replacement parts were necessary they were shipped immediately. I've used it myself and also rented it out to other tree services and window washers. With the tracks moved in it's 44" wide which means that I can build a road with singles sheets of 5/8" plywood. Because I can get up above most trees I can cut and pitch and have most trees on the ground in 2 to 3 hrs. by myself. Last week I did 8 70ft very dead Scotch pines in 4 hrs. Limb them, cut the trunks in 4 ft pieces in a nice little pile on the ground and go home. At 66, I couldn't do that if I had to climb them and these were brittle enough that I wouldn't have wanted to climb them. Here's a little bad news. From what I hear a lot of the tracked lifts are going to larger landscape companies. You can probably fill in the blanks as to what that means. I'll be happy to answer any questions as honestly as I can but I'm just not on Arboristsite any longer. You're welcome to email me at [email protected] or phone me at 440-667-0782.
Regards,
Phil

Latest posts

Back