90cc vs 120cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I've got some run time milling with the 088 and the ported 390. The 390 will use more fuel than the 088. I milled some red oak I believe Saturday and got 4 slabs and made 6 cuts with the 088. It burnt right at a gallon of mix. Yesterday in some cherry I made 4 cuts and couldn't finish a cut twice without a refuel stop with the 390. The oak was 7' or so and the cherry was 9'. The cherry was narrower until the last cut. I didn't measure then exact but may to keep track of fuel usage for bd ft milled.

Well I've got some run time milling with the 088 and the ported 390. The 390 will use more fuel than the 088. I milled some red oak I believe Saturday and got 4 slabs and made 6 cuts with the 088. It burnt right at a gallon of mix. Yesterday in some cherry I made 4 cuts and couldn't finish a cut twice without a refuel stop with the 390. The oak was 7' or so and the cherry was 9'. The cherry was narrower until the last cut. I didn't measure then exact but may to keep track of fuel usage for bd ft milled.

Would you consider the 390 a viable option to run a CSM? Been kicking around the idea of getting CSM but figured I would need to step up to at least a 394/5.

I wouldn't want to run a 36" bar on it like that all the time. Maybe a 32" bar and some smaller wood than I was in. If fuel usage doesn't matter then by all means tune down some rpms and go for it. An aux oiler wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I wouldn't want to run a 36" bar on it like that all the time. Maybe a 32" bar and some smaller wood than I was in. If fuel usage doesn't matter then by all means tune down some rpms and go for it. An aux oiler wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Fuel usage really doesnt matter to me. I am considering milling to get some bigger slabs (40ish") so it looks like a bigger saw is in order but nice to know the 390 would be up to it in a pinch. Thanks for the input.

No problem. I know now to make sure to have more than 2 gallons with me if I'm milling with the 390 for more than 6 cuts.

Latest posts

Back