911-911 Help!! Nor'easter Dammaged Trees In Need Of Emegency Aid A.s.a.p!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILD~CHRY

Reaction score

HELP!! Four of my trees have sustained massive tissue damage due to the Nor'Easter on eve of 24Oct2005- 25Oct2005.
Two (flowering Wild Cherry Trees) have lost primary limbs (4-5" diam.)
The other two the eldest of my 'babies' are (Flowering Pink/White) Dogwoods.
Their condition is unknown, one appears to have been 'Topped' somehow, the other due to all the damaged/downed limbs of my and my neighbors trees I cannot visually see her condition at all. She was suffering from a fungus which I believe I had gotten under control and was on the road to full recovery when the storm hit. She's lost a great deal of tissue to the fungal infection. But I was so hopeful of a comeback this year. She flowered beautifully (with the healthy limbs w/foliage remaining) this spring. Did fine all summer (has had 3 rounds of proper food.
Please I need a referral ro a certified tree surgeon or master arborist located in the Mid-Atlantic Region. I've tried Nat. Arbor Day Fndtn, and assoc. links from their site to no avail.
These trees were my father's pride and joy. The Dogwoods were planted when he bought our house in 1947 (post WWII celebration to be home). They've survived 3 Blizzards, 4 Hurricanes (Category. 2-3) 6 Nor' Easters , and 1 Tornado (Aug. 1989).
I don't want to loose them! Please someone give me a referral, or guide me through what I can do for them in emergency care until help can arrive?
Thank you in advance for your advice, guidance, tips, and referrals.

Respectfully,
~ T.
Dedicated Tree Lover and Proponent of Forest Restoration and Anti-Sparawl legislation. :cry:

Back