98 Altec Lr IV leaking hydraulic fluid from the turntable

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwensonTree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just bought a 98 gmc 7500 with an altec lr 4. Less than 20 days after owning it a good sized hydraulic leak is coming from the turntable..How can I fix this? can I take it off and get some seals for it somewhere? In richmond Va..THANKS ALL

Just bought a 98 gmc 7500 with an altec lr 4. Less than 20 days after owning it a good sized hydraulic leak is coming from the turntable..How can I fix this? can I take it off and get some seals for it somewhere? In richmond Va..THANKS ALL

Turn table?

yeah the part that has lines coming from the bottom from the pump, and then has lines coming from the top. It is to keep them the lines from twisting around each other as the boom rotates. it mey be called another thing but that is what ive heard it called.

The hydraulic rotary joint? Does it have 11 ports or 3 ports? Is it leaking from between the two sections or from a fitting?

yess thats it..betw een the two joints,im sure its seals..probably has never been changed. I beleive it is a 3 port. I only see a few hoses.

Latest posts

Back