A good day....end of day not so good

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotorSeven

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Yesterday morning i see my neighbor out side with his wife splitting some wood in the sleet & wind. So i stop & he says he is almost out of wood. He works for the County as a jailor and the sheriff keeps him real busy on other projects, so father winter caught up to him. I told him to come over & we would go cut some wood. This morning the sun came out & he called, so off we went, 2 trucks, a trailer & a monster splitter that he built from scratch.
Filled up both trucks, & the trailer with no hitches. I go to leave, & hit a GIANT HOLE in the pasture which knocks the trailer right off the ball. So i have to get the tractor to lift the tongue & get it hooked back up.

Drive over to his place & back in to toss wood up onto his porch. There is an incline & i never fixed the emergency brake on my '72 Chevy C-10, so i jump out grab a hunk of split wood and just as i bend down to jam it under the rear tire, the truck decides to roll. Down the driveway, across the road, just misses his parked car, & smackes into a pile of scrap he had:cry: . We pull it out, remarkably there is very little damage(scratches & a broken side marker lens). Off load wood, go home, & commence to break one of my wifes favorite wine glasse that was on the counter.

So, i'm holed up on the sofa for fear that i might tear up something else..............:(

RD

Ha, your right Elwood.....should be ok until..................TOMORROW:greenchainsaw:

No good deed goes unpunished. I think thats what it is anyway. If thats not right then it should be. Keep spreading the good karma anyway.

I'm glad to hear that there were no injuries and nothing broken too bad except for your wife's favorite wine glass. Have you told her yet? If not your worst luck may not have hit you yet.

Look at his house and they are warm it sucks but you helped someone feel
good about that most people wouldnt get off the couch to help a person.

Filled up both trucks, & the trailer with no hitches. I go to leave, & hit a GIANT HOLE in the pasture which knocks the trailer right off the ball. So i have to get the tractor to lift the tongue & get it hooked back up.

Drive over to his place & back in to toss wood up onto his porch. There is an incline & i never fixed the emergency brake on my '72 Chevy C-10, so i jump out grab a hunk of split wood and just as i bend down to jam it under the rear tire, the truck decides to roll. Down the driveway, across the road, just misses his parked car, & smackes into a pile of scrap he had:cry: . We pull it out, remarkably there is very little damage(scratches & a broken side marker lens). Off load wood, go home, & commence to break one of my wifes favorite wine glasse that was on the counter.

So, i'm holed up on the sofa for fear that i might tear up something else..............:(

RD
:bang: :bang:

I applaud your efforts to lend a helping hand:clap: :cheers: :clap: !!
Glad to hear the damage was minimal...tomorrow you'll have a good day!!

Hang in there man.

I am convinced we all have days like that, and thankfully they are few, and long inbetween.

Look on the bright side though. You're "Pre-disastered" for a while now that ya got all of that Bad Juju out of your system.;)

Just be glad you aren't a Pilot and took your neighbor for a short hop.:biggrinbounce2:

Get to shoppin for a new set of Wine glasses before the Wife decides to break the "Three" rule!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Thanks guys. I am really fortunate to have good neighbors on both sides of my property. The guy i helped today built the engine for my '68 short step & wouldn't take any $ for his labor. This is a guy that makes about $7 an hr working for the County, so i help out when i can. The guy on the other side is always there if i need something & vise versa. All of us have plans to pitch in together if the economy goes to the bottom of the crapper. Anyway, no more :taped: whinning, because life is good!

RD

When that happens around here I just shrug and say softly "Eh, just one more thing."

Been 20-some years and counting since I turned 18 and I still haven't given up. When I do give up I'll be pushing up daisys, till then ... well, it's just one more thing.

:cheers:

Thanks guys. I am really fortunate to have good neighbors on both sides of my property. The guy i helped today built the engine for my '68 short step & wouldn't take any $ for his labor. This is a guy that makes about $7 an hr working for the County, so i help out when i can. The guy on the other side is always there if i need something & vise versa. All of us have plans to pitch in together if the economy goes to the bottom of the crapper. Anyway, no more :taped: whinning, because life is good!

RD

I can't tell you how much I enjoy your attitude! :clap:

My wife and I have helped out a couple of families with wood this season and we are "pretty sure" that we will have enough for the winter. If not, someone else will help us out. No worries.

We recently put in some pretty massive hours (about 200 between the two of us) helping a local get open heart surgery through the VA - he didn't even know that he qualified. He was kinda ho-hum about the whole deal, but we know that we did the right thing.

When my wife got really sick just after that, there were lots of friends around to help. You really do reap what you sow.

Yep, life IS good!

Yep ... as you rise up in this life, the challenges rise to meet you, and it sounds like you met this one head on and won :cheers:

Keep up the good work, you're setting a great example.

Cheers

:clap:

LOL... MotorSeven every one in a blue moon that happens to everyone. You should be safe for awhile.

Latest posts

Back