A good day o' woodboogerin' in NH

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been driving past that skidder all last week and also today that would be Monday and did not think there was any wood around there to be picked up. that is right by Johnson's.You got to be careful because it is the landowners wood.I would also hate to see it go to wast sitting there and rotting I'm glad somebody gets to put it to good use.plus none taxed heat is awesome.I hate nothing more than paying taxes on heating my house.:cheers:

Might be some more wood there as I write. They were supposed to come on back and do some more thinning. I doubt that I'll have a chance over the next few days to fetch up any more.

The land there is state owned, I'm pretty sure and abuts a town-owned ballfield.

And speaking of rotting, the stuff I got was sitting atop some birch that was cut maybe a year or two ago that's gone to pooch.

I got a fair amount of it. But most of it disappeared after I'd left to take my son to a friends bday party.

Booga: I just got an E-mail from my town telling me to pick all the wood up on the sides of the roads that I can find. but no cuttin down trees they say. They don't want the liability.

Edit to add: as stated above, if the wood abutts someones land, you gotta ask politely!

Last edited:
I've been driving past that skidder all last week and also today that would be Monday and did not think there was any wood around there to be picked up. that is right by Johnson's.You got to be careful because it is the landowners wood.I would also hate to see it go to wast sitting there and rotting I'm glad somebody gets to put it to good use.plus none taxed heat is awesome.I hate nothing more than paying taxes on heating my house.:cheers:

you are in my neck of the woods. that tornado ripped a hell of a path thru that little lakeside area. we dont see that in NH.

I also took advantage of the decent weather here recently .I cut up and came home with about 10 cord of white oak from my buddies logging site . I get all the tops and any cracked or twisted whole trees . The onset of mud season shut us down this last Sunday. I didnt know there are laws about running heavy equipment in the mud. I cant find the digital camera or I would post pics of the road into the site . unreal mud ,every trip in on Sunday was white knuckle that I would get stuck
Mick D

Back