A good laugh, was going to buy a saw off a guy today. Warning foul language.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not questioning that it was used. Questioning how much it was used based on what he said. I'd be concerned looking at a bar like that, IMO. Especially a 310/11. That's no pro saw.

Not questioning that it was used. Questioning how much it was used based on what he said. I'd be concerned looking at a bar like that, IMO. Especially a 310/11. That's no pro saw.
I am going to take a stab in the dark but I am guessing that the very badly worn paint on the bar would be from running a dull chain. Bar gets hot and paint starts burning off.

I would hate to tell you how many cords I cut with my saw, practically enough wood to fill a tractor trailer if not more. Day in and day out and the only paint missing is on the very edge of the bar where the chain rides. Most of it is from the debuting tool. Most troubles I have is losing the tips. Bearings go out in the tip long before any paint loss.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

I love the dude's grammar. And how he jumps right into name calling lol.

It's always difficult to age a saw by its bar because if a guy is cutting hardwood the paint will wear off much sooner. But clearly that one has seen some use. In a situation like that with an OK looking saw he could have thrown a new $10 clearance bar from online on there andvthe saw would have sold immediately.

That's what I am saying Jeff. If he didn't take care of his chain what are the chances he took care of the rest of the saw? Know what I am saying Vern?

OP:

Why are you wasting yours and the others guys time?:mad: If you want something buy it, if you don't why would you hassle him?:rolleyes:

Treat others like you would like to be treated yourself.:yes:

C5-it looks like he was interested initially before the guy got cranky.

How are things down in the hill country? Looking forward to hearing more about your apple tree project.

What does maintaining a bar and chains have to do with the paint wearing off the bar?
A properly maintained bar and chain goes a long way in to seeing how a saw was used. In my experience that if you have a well maintained bar and chain, then you would have a well maintained saw as well. If you have a saw and you keep it sharp, removing burrs from the bar, keeping the chain maintained to proper specs, you would not have the unusual paint wear on the bar. In return the saw would be working with all parts doing equal amount of work as designed. When one part of the saw doing more work than the other parts, this would cause more wear on the parts that are being forced to over compensate. Over compensation would directly related to more sprocket wear, Mount wear and engine wear.

I am in no way claiming to be an expert but only going by my experience of seeing first hand the wear and tear on my equipment from someone else using my saws while I am away. Most of my saw failures generally happen to my equipment while I am away and someone else who could care less if the saw is operating at peek performance thus forcing the saw to cut rather than the saw cutting on its own.

I can opperate my saw , taking the time to sharpen and tweak the bar and chain to keep running a strait line, pulling itself through the wood on its on and never have an issue. I leave to go on vacation come back to a saw that has to go to the shop for new mounts. Or I must spend an hour to recondition the bar and sharpen the chain, clean the air filter, so on and so on. All because the saw was not being maintained while it is being used by someone else. I also see that the paint is missing from the bar during this time of someone else using it and it is from running the saw while it is dull. The evidence is right in front of me , the saw is dull, has been rocked, nosed in the dirt.

So knowing that I keep my saw maintained and my paint missing on the bar is very minimal, and I can say that I cut more wood than the average guy. I must wonder what the wear and tear is on a used saw when the bar is missing over 90% of its paint.

OP:

Why are you wasting yours and the others guys time?:mad: If you want something buy it, if you don't why would you hassle him?:rolleyes:

Treat others like you would like to be treated yourself.:yes:
Very simple answer
I wanted to buy the saw, hence the contact to buy the saw
the guy got defensive when I asked about the saws condition, hence his communication back to my contact to purchase the saw.
He made inaccurate statements as to my purpose for asking about the saws condition, then blocked me from messaging him back to defend my position. Hence my contacting him on the actual post it's self.
He than became rather foul mouthed and tried to belittle me. This in returned allowed me to gut punch him one time. After that, I was not interested in doing a transaction with him.

I felt if asking a simple question would result in this infraction, I do not believe having a business transaction was in my best interest. But I did tag a friend that wanted to try to buy the saw and that went further south.

Feeling bad about the situation, the seller mistaking my intention, I contacted him on my business account and had a very health conversation with him that lead to a discussion of faith and God. He is going through a rough patch and he wasn't thinking clearly.

Your next question maybe, why did I make this post? The post was made before I made the resolving contact.

Your next question maybe, why do I leave the post up? Because someone else may run into a situation just like this and may feel compelled to resolve the issue and may just have a chance to talk about God and give a life changing testimony as I did.

Tp your question of why did I waste the man's time, nothing was wasted. It very well was as it was intended to be. I chance of testimony of God's word.

C5-it looks like he was interested initially before the guy got cranky.

How are things down in the hill country? Looking forward to hearing more about your apple tree project.

Things are good. Planted 270 more trees 4/21. Been super busy with building trellis for them and will install drip irrigation for the fertilizer injection system. Playing 18 holes golf every day eats up a chunk of time too. I'll try and do something to up date the orchard project after the trellises are done and trees tied up.

31526wp.jpg

xm3e9w.jpg

Cut some wood too:

zsjqkk.jpg

2a8jc5y.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out why he got so mad so fast. I hope our Marines don't conduct there self that way then name drop I'm a Marine..... At least you didn't get ripped off but man the Internet sure has created some overnight gangster's

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to figure out why he got so mad so fast. I hope our Marines don't conduct there self that way then name drop I'm a Marine..... At least you didn't get ripped off but man the Internet sure has created some overnight gangster's

Sometimes people suffer injuries that cause them to behave as they normally wouldn't.

Where are you in NW FL? I lived in Niceville for a while.

Back