A little disappointed Husqvarna 435

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a process for removing the alcohol from the gasoline, think I saw it on you tube..You'd probably have to add an octane booster afterward since I think they use the alcohol to boost the octane some..

Can't you just burn the alcohol off?

Wait .... that might not work.

(Just kidding guys - really)

Yeah, I think you add about 10% water to the gas and let it sit for a while, I think the water and alcohol settle to the bottom, just drain it off. Best to add a little dye to the water, or so I was told. As I said before it probably lowers the octane to do this but you can make up for it with octane booster.

Yes you can remove alcohol from gas. Here in California many blends have about 5% alcohol. Sometimes 8 or 9% bit not often. Ethanol alcohol can vary, but is close to 110 octane and it burns at a much lower temperature than petro based gasolines. For race motors I have varied the ratios with all kinds of coctails with great success. What is wrong with a little alcohol? Many octane boosters have alcohol in them. If pure petro based gas is very important then get a few people together and buy bulk ave gas or a drum of race fuel and share it. I used to drive several hours every other month to buy race fuel in metal drums and then mix it carefully. Methanol is one of the best fuels I have ever used, but it is the most difficult fuel to work with and dangerous so would not even let a saw motor get close to it. Never had any issue with gas in more than thirty years. With alcohol used regularly carb work is less and fuel systems stay much cleaner than pure gasolene. Thanks

Latest posts

Back