A little story you might like

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your story reminds me of one

So… A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor of a Harley, when he spotted a world-famous heart surgeon in his shop. The heart surgeon was waiting for the service manager to come take a look at his bike.

The mechanic shouted across the garage, “Hey Doc can I ask you a question?” The famous surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on the motorcycle.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, “So Doc, look at this engine. I also can open it up, take valves out, fix’em, put in new parts and when I finish this will work just like a new one. So how come I get a pittance and you get the really big money, when you and I are doing basically the same work?”

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic, “Try doing it while it’s running.”

I got a chuckle out of it.

:agree2:

It just pi$$ me off that the rich guys always have an answer for everything!

You said you have 4 saws but only told of 3. Your not hiding a woodshark in the mix are ya. That would be your "good" saw.
That was a good story. Its too bad people are getting more and more out of touch with the basics.:cheers:

STD's

You ought to be ashamed of yourself transmitting std's and all...."S awing T rees D isease" and what's worse this poor unsuspecting innocent man may come down with C.A.D.! >>GASP<< Well, at least he had fun in his chaps... umm i mean YOUR chaps :hmm3grin2orange:

There was a gynecologist that had grown tired of the business and decided on a career change, and wanted to become a motorcycle mechanic. He went to tech school, practiced all the latest auto shop techniques, and was ready for his final exam. He arrived to the exam and the instructors showed him to a cycle and explained that it needed a valve job, the transmission clutches replaced, and the carbureators cleaned. He worked diligently for 7 hours, and when he was done hit the starter, fired it up, and rode it around the parking lot. As he parked the bike in the shop the instructors all gathered around and gave him a round of applause. He said, "So I guess I passed?" "it really didn't seem like that big of a challenge". The head instructor came over and said "Well it was really just average mechanical knowledge you would need to pass, but we have never seen anyone do it all through the exhaust".

Yep, me too. You have to wonder how those people survive.
they survive because have an extra digit of income.

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day

Teach a man to fish, and he'll spend all the grocery money on beer and leeches.

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish, You'll never believe another word he says.

Some people are frugal, some people are always running out of money. I've observed the income of some of the latter group going from going from $10,000 a year (if we had $15k we'd have it made) to $25k (if only we had more income we could make ends meet) to $40k (we get by, but we never have any money left over after we pay the bills) to $50k (yep, they're still broke). By that time, I figured out that the ones who spend every available dollar will always be broke, no matter how many dollars are flowing in.

I think you've just described most people, myself included. Except I've gone from $10k to $60k and back down to $35k

Next plan for "Operation Honky Tonk Metrosexual": Play some great country music while you are out working. He'll tell his friends and before long you can open your own "Adventure wood camp". Then you can charge all the city folks $$$ to come out for a day in the country to cut YOUR firewood. (Of course saw rental fees will apply):clap:
Yes, like Tom Sawyer's having to whitewash the fence... ends with everybody PAYING him to do some whitewashing...
You need to watch out you don't get sued for spreading CAD.
What do you get for causing ordinary folk to contract the disorder?
Jail? A new saw?

SA

PHP:
Yes, like Tom Sawyer's having to whitewash the fence... ends with everybody PAYING him to do some whitewashing...
You need to watch out you don't get sued for spreading CAD.
What do you get for causing ordinary folk to contract the disorder?
Jail? A new saw?

SA

LOL, I love it, I don't think I could take their money but I will take their free labor. hmm I wonder if I could have gotten them to help me with my roof???

Latest posts

Back