A look at my Ash

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I cut up the log from this stump that blew over in 2002. I about to cut the stump up for fire wood too since most of the dirt has been washed off.

The 3d picture is of a tree that blew over in 2014, I took the top part last fall plan on getting the bottom when spring comes and things dry out a bit.

4th picture is of a round I cut up a couple months ago. the wind had broke it off a tree about 20 feet up and was the last remaining branch that had been on it.

5th picture is of the trunk after I had fell it.

6th picture is of the top after that last branch broke off in the wind.

:D Al

Attachments

• IMG_0683.JPG
    IMG_0683.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0684.JPG
    IMG_0684.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0686.JPG
    IMG_0686.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0693.JPG
    IMG_0693.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0700.JPG
    IMG_0700.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0698.JPG
    IMG_0698.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 86
I'm curious if you have looked in on your girls lately, I have 9 hives and have lost one of my stronger one a week ago . They clearly starved out. Put cakes on the rest of them about 4 week ago and the temperature is going to be in the 60 the next day or two. Going to peek in on them and hopefully we can make it till spring.
It's the first one I have lost in 4 year, so I am not complaining but excited to see spring coming...

No haven't looked at them. Tend to just leave them alone once they cluster up. But next week we will slide pollen patties in the hives.

This is a picture of all the little Ash trees coming up.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.JPG
    IMG_0688.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 27
Glad to see all of those sprouts.
The Ash tree does not make up as much of the forest here..... So
we will not take as big of a hit as you folks up north are.
However, There are now some areas down here that are infested with EAB:(

David

Not really hard to get into bee keeping if you have the money. Packages of bees have gotten expensive these days. If you can't buy rough sawn to make your hive bodies the shipping for that stuff eats you alive as shipping for all that stuff does.
To keep the bears out a really strong electric fence around the hives seems to work for most people in bear country.

check out
mannlake.com
bushymountain.com
wtkelley.com

You can get an idea what equipment cost and maybe even this years 3 pound package of bees cost.

Back