A new hotrod is born

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad ,why the timming advance? I thought it is unnescasary with the coil
that has the curve built in.
The timing curve retards the timing at very low RPMs in order aid starting. As soon is it starts to rev up it goods to full advance. Think of the coils curve as timing retard rather than timing advance. I want more total advance, so have to do that with the flywheel key.

Here she is. True to the nature of these hybrids, this saw will turn 13,500 with a self feeding load yet will hold 10,000 with a heavy load!

Holy bat doo B-rad..........that is one angry SOB! :pingpong::crazy2:
I already have a LONG list of CAD wishfullness and it just got a +1 after seeing that little hornet. Nice job per the norm Mr, I move that you shoehorn an 088 into a 660 somehow and all the other good stuffs that's fun and ridiculous LOL! Take care and safe cuttin muh f

I've been porting these the same way for a long time.

Yes Brad, what I meant was that your porting numbers were an improvement over what the rest of us were using at that time, the raising of the upper transfers made a big difference in the rpm and torque.

I've been running that fantastic 361 that I bought off of Niko a lot lately. I just rebuilt the carb the other day as it wouldnt idle anymore. Tuned it in and damn that saw is so impressive. I love my 461 but the 461 just wears the 36" bar now because the 361 cuts almost everything with a 25 on it. Rpm and torque is just amazing.

The timing curve retards the timing at very low RPMs in order aid starting. As soon is it starts to rev up it goods to full advance. Think of the coils curve as timing retard rather than timing advance. I want more total advance, so have to do that with the flywheel key.
thanks for clarification.I have 2 066s would they benefit from a
slight key filing?.Both are stock.

I cant speak on a 460 mark but the 461 i have certainly has more torque than the hybrid .
That's what I experienced with the 046 too, as I ran them side-by-side before selling the 440/460 hybrid

Still, the 440 hybrid was more nimble than the 046.

A very nice build Brad, as you always deliver:)

If they didn't have the same stroke, this combination wouldn't be possible. The 440 is lighter. The hybrid also has a bit more of an attitude than a 460, likely due to crankcase volume.

Brad, you think the 440 has more or less case volume than the 460? I thought they had the same crankcase, minus the cylinder bolt pattern??..

Latest posts

Back