A One Armed Climber?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Monkey

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I just got back from meeting a salesperson from the PDC, one of the four(ugh!) major phonebooks in my area and he told me that there is a one armed tree climber in Ephraim, Utah whom everybody uses. Evidently he is a little slower but gets the job done. Has anybody heard of him? I am very curious how he starts a saw in the tree.

MMmmm wonder how one handing a saw affects him? so much about this as a hazard!!! guess that theory gets thrown out in this case!! Good for him if its true still doing what he loves!!!! to think there are people on welfare & disability who have perfect use of both arms!!

LXT...........

I used to race motocross and was riding Washougal mx when a buddy came roaring into the pits PO'd. He was trying to hold another rider off but wound up getting passed near the end of the race. As the guy went by he flipped my buddy Rick off. So Rick see's him in the pits and goes over to give him a piece of his mind but when he gets over there the guy only has one arm! Rick saw the empty sleeve of the guys jersey flapping behind him as he passed and thought he was being flipped off! He's still hasn't lived that one down. :biggrinbounce2:

MMmmm wonder how one handing a saw affects him? so much about this as a hazard!!! guess that theory gets thrown out in this case!! Good for him if its true still doing what he loves!!!! to think there are people on welfare & disability who have perfect use of both arms!!

LXT...........

Unless one-handing a saw got him in that condition.....

I hope its true! and much respect to the dude if he's reading this, I can spend a lot of time moaning [ yeah I can hear all you guys who have known me for years agreeing] hearing about guys like this gives me a much needed virtual kick up the A$$

how do you get a one armed arborist out of a tree?......wave! sorry counld't help myself, that one arm must be like iron!

Last edited:
I saw a one armed motocross rider here in MN several years ago. Guy was faster than most with one arm flapping the whole time. I also enjoy watching a guy around here in a wheel chair launch his fishing boat ten times faster than most of the other idiots at the landing! Never heard of a one armed climber, sounds pretty tough. I'd love to see it.

i seen a few climbers with half a brain, but one arm!!!:censored: ill bet his insurance company frowns on him. on belay?

i know a guy here with one leg.

i hear he climbs but have only seen him in the bucket.he knows his stuff.was hurt in a tree related accident.i believe a log crushed him.he gets the job done safely and i admire him for still being out there working.a lot of folks these days would use it as an excuse to sit on their ass.i don't know how a one armed climber would be able to work in europe ar australia.

Latest posts

Back