A pile of saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Name

I know there was a couple of threads on this guy from Burkes Falls Ontario a while back, but I tried a search with negative results. Does anyone know this guys name .....or if he's still around?
Thanks in advance

Wow what a coincidence!

Last weekend I was dropping some trees for a friend at his cottage (which is about 1/2 hour away from Burkes Falls) and one of his neighbor's came by to help. The guy is retired and loves to help out and hang out with us younger guys.

Anyways after a couple hours of work we stopped for a rest and then we start telling some stories mostly about trees and saws and such, and then this neighbor starts talking about this guy he knows and goes to see once in awhile that used to sell Stihl (same story as GYPO wrote...he lost the Stihl thing because his costs were too low and other dealers complained) and now sells Husqvarna, has several mountains of old saws etc...

The funny part of the story was one day this neighbor went to visit this guy to buy files (I think he said for a buck a file) and while he was there this city guy (I think the neighbor said he was a very clean cut school teacher) walks in and asks if he will sell him a saw. The dealer says "that's how I pay my bills", the city guy says well then what is a good saw? This dealer cracks off "one that runs".:chainsaw: So the next question the city guy asks him is if the dealer will show him how to cut down a tree? So this dealer walks the guy outside, turns the guy around to show him all the stumps around his yard and only 4 trees left standing. So the dealer says to him, "I only got 4 trees left and those are staying...for now!":buttkick:

Last weekend I was dropping some trees for a friend at his cottage (which is about 1/2 hour away from Burkes Falls) and one of his neighbor's came by to help. The guy is retired and loves to help out and hang out with us younger guys.

Anyways after a couple hours of work we stopped for a rest and then we start telling some stories mostly about trees and saws and such, and then this neighbor starts talking about this guy he knows and goes to see once in awhile that used to sell Stihl (same story as GYPO wrote...he lost the Stihl thing because his costs were too low and other dealers complained) and now sells Husqvarna, has several mountains of old saws etc...

The funny part of the story was one day this neighbor went to visit this guy to buy files (I think he said for a buck a file) and while he was there this city guy (I think the neighbor said he was a very clean cut school teacher) walks in and asks if he will sell him a saw. The dealer says "that's how I pay my bills", the city guy says well then what is a good saw? This dealer cracks off "one that runs".:chainsaw: So the next question the city guy asks him is if the dealer will show him how to cut down a tree? So this dealer walks the guy outside, turns the guy around to show him all the stumps around his yard and only 4 trees left standing. So the dealer says to him, "I only got 4 trees left and those are staying...for now!":buttkick:

Do you remember his name? I'm only an hour and a bit away and am going up that way next week and wanted to drop by and have a look.

I think this is it...

I think his name is Gilbert Lane at Burk's Falls and I found this on the Husqvarna site - http://www.husqvarna.ca/node2915.aspx

My buddy's neighbour says it's a couple km's from the highway and the guy has chainsaw's and or pictures / signs of saws along his fence by the road, long lane back to the shop / house.

I think I found "The Pile O Saws,"
Gypo

SC.jpg

Latest posts

Back