A Real Grapple Cat Gets Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The newer ones do have CD players and AIR CONDITIONING! When one outfit got such a machine, the operator suddenly became hard to get out of it. :) Something about listening to books on CDs and it being hot and dusty outside.

The newer ones do have CD players and AIR CONDITIONING! When one outfit got such a machine, the operator suddenly became hard to get out of it. :) Something about listening to books on CDs and it being hot and dusty outside.

Yup...the new ones are nice. There's more emphasis on operator comfort now and that's a good thing. A comfortable operator is a more productive operator in most cases.

Air conditioning is great, too, because it usually combines with a dust filtration system.

One downside though is that sometimes the operators get a bit spoiled. I was talking to a guy on a shovel one day last summer and he was complaining that when he turned the A/C unit on high it made so much noise that he had trouble hearing his music. :monkey: I'd just gotten off of my Cat,which has no cab, no air conditioning, and no music whatsoever and I found it hard to dredge up any sympathy for him. I did offer to trade for the rest of the day but he didn't think much of the idea.

Latest posts

Back