A really bad day.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4. I have been robbed by some pretty professional thieves in the past. The good ones know what they want, they get in & get out quickly, and they have a plan for what they take away. I don't see anything that indicates rank amateurs at work on this job.

I was kinda wondering why you had such a crazy security system, makes sense now. Most guys round here figure a 30-06 bullet will run faster than any thief, lol. Sucks man, sorry you lost your stuff.

I dont think they were ameteurs but someone who wanted just them two items and knew just enough aobut your security system to disable it. Your probably on the right track with them two. If it wasnt them they most likely supplied the info to someone to go in and get the items. Water boarding is the first thing that comes to mind as a way of getting the truth from them.

Why waste time and effort using water? Plain old "boarding" comes to mind, especially round boards commonly available in sporting goods stores.

An update: they also ran off with our floor jack, a welding hood, and our battery charger.

In my experience, it is "working class" men that steal tools. Common break-in thieves steal usually only take consumer items (they don't understand the value of tools), super-pro thieves steal very expensive stuff. So...this is looking more and more like the guys that were working for me.

Sorry to hear about anybody getting their tools stolen .
From what I'm reading ,it sounds like an ungratefull employee.
I get asked all the time ,"why are you leaving your rakes,pitchfoks ,shovels,etc on the jobsite overnite?"
I tell them "nobody ever steals them b/c they get nothing for them at a pawn shop"

Saws and gear are a different deal though.

Hope you find the scumbag.
I like your idea of the waterless waterboarding.

I get asked all the time ,"why are you leaving your rakes,pitchfoks ,shovels,etc on the jobsite overnite?"
I tell them "nobody ever steals them b/c they get nothing for them at a pawn shop"

Saws and gear are a different deal though.

Don't tell my neighbor Jerry that. A few months ago my neighbor stole my padlock that I use to lock my trailer to a fence when it's not hooked up to my p/u truck. He had mentioned to me in the past that I should never leave my padlock just sitting there by the fence unlocked when I have the trailer hooked up to my truck because somebody could steel the padlock. I asked "what idiot would steal a lock that they don't have a key to"? Well one night we had a slight disagreement over some stupid political thing and the next day my lock was gone. I guess he answered my question, "Jerry the neighbor would". He's the type that would take a rake or shovel just because it's there. He's not poor or anything like that, he just figures it serves you right for not locking your stuff up so he'll take it. Some people just suck.

Their slowly getting the idea around my place that you leave the crazy white boy alone. I've caught 5 attempts now at breaking into my stuff and recovered a saw that was stolen December of last year at a pawn shop several months ago. I think they are getting the idea my place is hazardous as the last one was got a full load of rocksalt in his backside as he ran. Definitely agree with you about a working stiff being the one who did your theft though. Tools rarely get stolen by anyone other than someone who uses them.

sorry about the bad luck.

i have had a run of it myself lately.moons must be out of alignment or something.

sounds like a good time to drop AT&T.besides the fact that they just plain suck,they are anti gun and the give money to Sarah Brady.

same here with the bow.

If he is lucky, thing is; he may be like me the only insured for loss is financed items. Fortunately for me my equipment is always parked withing bow range of my window and I an a light sleeper lol.

nice and quiet and Kevlar won't even slow down a broad head.

An update!

Let the bastard's try to get in now!

I got onto Craig's list, and bought 2000 feet of 14 gauge wire for $80.00. Then we ran two complete turns around the perimeter of my property, weaving the wire through the chainlink fence fabric at 18" and 4' off the ground. We put slide connectors to join the wires at the gates so that we could easily separate the wires and open the gates, then we spliced it into an open station on my alarm system.

We even ran a loop up the telephone wire so that if they thought they could cut the telephone wires to kill the signal, all they would be doing is setting off the alarm early. (we have a cellular backup)

If anyone opens the gate, or cuts the fence fabric, or pulls out a post, or...whatever: the alarm will go off and the police will be summoned.

Sorry to hear about this bud. Definitely sounds like professional thieves and they had probably been watching you for awhile. Thieving bastards make my blood boil!

Sorry to hear about this bud. Definitely sounds like professional thieves and they had probably been watching you for awhile. Thieving bastards make my blood boil!
+1 if your gonna be a thief steal from the bank. I had a spell where tool boxes were disappearing I caught a copperhead put it inside and locked it with a do not open label.

Pdqdl,

Sorry for your stuff getting stolen and all the resulting BS. I hope you find the dudes before the cops do, so you can have your own little interrogation time with them.

It's funny how things work out, I'll betcha something good will come of this.

Back