A Tale of Two 288's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was the best of builds, it was the worst of builds, it was the build of ease, it was the build of mistakes, it was a moment of triumph, it was a moment of humility, one was mild, and one was wild.

Please tell me you didn't write your own vows.

Thanks for posting the numbers! Motivation indeed.

Please tell me you didn't write your own vows.

Charles ####ens, A Tale of Two Cities, opening line:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way--in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

Yes, I'm a book geek.

Apparantly the software didn't like Dic kens. The opening line of ATOTC has been edited several times over the years, by the Dic kens, & by publishers.

Nice work on the 288s :clap:!

Ignition timing

Ive wondered why saws dont come with some sort of manual ignition timing lever, like a cam or something, that would advance and retard for easier starting then better running.

I know they can do that now with electronics and digital ignitions (like the new echoes have), just wondering why the idea never caught on with saws.

Ive wondered why saws dont come with some sort of manual ignition timing lever, like a cam or something, that would advance and retard for easier starting then better running.

I know they can do that now with electronics and digital ignitions (like the new echoes have), just wondering why the idea never caught on with saws.

I believe many chainsaws already do that. Nothing new there.

What do you think the trans entrance angle difference is? Prob to early to see a wash yet eh

They are both pretty flat. I pay extra special attention to that now. Although I did try something different with the wild build. The exhaust side of the transfers open first and I left more angle on the intake side. Just experimenting!

I thought I was reading a new novel when this thread started. Love the 2 huskys and they sound great. Im sure you will have lots of fun with them. Rick!

Ran the "wild" this morning. Strongest 288 I've run to date, must be all the epoxy :censored:

Back