about how much would a used MS 460 magnum run?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imanoob

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
...if it was for sale, looked to be in good condition, runs good, 20" bar with spare chain, new air filter, and "hasn't been used much" (it doesn't look dirty at all, very nice looking). What would be a fair price? What would you pay for it?

Thanks for any and all replies.

If I ran it and it was strong and look good behind the muffler and good compression everthing working good as it should work........A+ shape as high as 600.00 is where I would draw the line.

Like already mentioned, I would put $600 on the high side unless the saw was nearly unused. Lots of them not too heavily used out there for $500. I got mine for $400. Kinda depends on how long you want to keep looking around for a deal. Those deals are out there. :)

Like already mentioned, I would put $600 on the high side unless the saw was nearly unused. Lots of them not too heavily used out there for $500. I got mine for $400. Kinda depends on how long you want to keep looking around for a deal. Those deals are out there. :)

600 would be A+ and check out that way.....anything less would recieve less.

Well if it was only used a couple times and was in near perfect shape prolly up to 700 bux. 3-400 on the low end in the worst condition I would want one in. Thats running good but used quite a bit and shws some wear.

It's hard to answer without pictures.

My 660 was gotten for 700 bucks in perfect shape. But I just paid 500 for a 361 that was in perfect shape. The 660 was a killer deal and the 361 was fair, but I wanted it so I dropped the cash for it. I guess I'm saying that it is worth what you want to pay for it really. :)

600 would be A+ and check out that way.....anything less would recieve less.

Yup. :)

My $400 MS460 with new 28-inch bar & 2 new chains looked middle of the road cosmetically (that was before I gave it a little polish and TLC) but was spotless inside and ran like crazy. Then I got it ported. Now I can hardly even describe how mad it gets when it sees trees. I don't even want to THINK about how mad my $425 milled/ported 660 gets when it sees timber. :D :D

Sorry, just rubbing in a couple good deals. :)

Lots of leeway here pricewise. Got pics to share with us? That'll help nail down price range a bit, and of course we do like to live vicariously through the saws of others. :)

Yup. :)

My $400 MS460 with new 28-inch bar & 2 new chains looked middle of the road cosmetically (that was before I gave it a little polish and TLC) but was spotless inside and ran like crazy. Then I got it ported. Now I can hardly even describe how mad it gets when it sees trees. I don't even want to THINK about how mad my $425 milled/ported 660 gets when it sees timber. :D :D

Sorry, just rubbing in a couple good deals. :)

Lots of leeway here pricewise. Got pics to share with us? That'll help nail down price range a bit, and of course we do like to live vicariously through the saws of others. :)

LOL That is the way I fill about mine bought it new 3 years ago with 28 in bar have a brand new 32in. never used hate to....But keep that thing clean enough to put on the dinning room table.....When the old lady out of town.

Well I don't think a pic would give you away or anything. it would help determine the price a little better. What are the people wanting for it? No price listed.

LOL That is the way I fill about mine bought it new 3 years ago with 28 in bar have a brand new 32in. never used hate to....But keep that thing clean enough to put on the dinning room table.....When the old lady out of town.

I like to keep mine looking nice, too. I've got my wife as far as letting me put plastic saw parts in the sink to wash them up. She saw me eyeing the dishwasher, and, well, you can figure out what happened next. :jawdrop:

Well I don't think a pic would give you away or anything. it would help determine the price a little better. What are the people wanting for it? No price listed.

AHH! I wanna show everyone but I really cant. You'll find out the details soon enough. :dizzy:

I like to keep mine looking nice, too. I've got my wife as far as letting me put plastic saw parts in the sink to wash them up. She saw me eyeing the dishwasher, and, well, you can figure out what happened next. :jawdrop:

Yep same here but I have her look at it (after the sink) to see if it qualifies for the dishwasher and will normally get the ok!

Thats funny, my wifey makes me use the spare room for "my room".

It's where I keep my reloading junk, bows, guns, and of course, chainsaws.

Alot of other stuff in there too. And I get to use the sink also, but no dishwasher for me either.

Back