Acrobatic wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H
Ever notice how acrobatic spit wood is? I throw a piece of spilt wood it does a nice single flip lay out, hits another piece bounces up does a double back flip and hits me right in the shin.
Hmm...I concur...Splitting, stacking, and moving wood around last weekend...and suffered multiple assaults by seemingly innocent split pieces of wood as i tossed them onto yonder woodpile!:eek:
I was sans shin guards on that venture...but never again! lol

I also thoroughly enjoy the "Herd of Charging Buffalo" rendition that the log pile performs during cutting season.

Top notch I tell you. :clap:

I would stand and cheer "Bravo" while wildly clapping but instead I run wildly for my life yelling "Holy S***, %$^&, %%%^, ^^&*^, and *)($@#*&^%^&*(*." :laugh:

my favorite is when i exert extra effort to toss a split to the very top of the pile in hopes of making it "taller" instead of "wider" and the split tumbles all the way down the pile and lands at my feet. i think to myself "woulda been a whole lot easier to just drop it there in the first place"

my favorite is when i exert extra effort to toss a split to the very top of the pile in hopes of making it "taller" instead of "wider" and the split tumbles all the way down the pile and lands at my feet. i think to myself "woulda been a whole lot easier to just drop it there in the first place"
My favorite ones are the ones that just about make it too the top, slide all the way back down, and pop you in the shin leaving that sore as hell , always getting bumped goose egg. Or take out the back window of the truck.

Three years back, there was a "mountain" of pieces from a red oak blow-down waiting to be processed. Never before experienced such a high percentage of splits bouncing off my shin-bones- amazing. I'm getting even now, slowly converting them into heat.
This episode started me exploring shin guards suitable for wood-splitting. Anybody have a favorite? Motocross? Soccer? There's surely another tree out there with my shins in its sights. :chop:

Three years back, there was a "mountain" of pieces from a red oak blow-down waiting to be processed. Never before experienced such a high percentage of splits bouncing off my shin-bones- amazing. I'm getting even now, slowly converting them into heat.
This episode started me exploring shin guards suitable for wood-splitting. Anybody have a favorite? Motocross? Soccer? There's surely another tree out there with my shins in its sights. :chop:

Chainsaw chaps work great - but I never remember to put them on until I'm hopping around on one leg rubbing the other one.

Harry K

My favorite ones are the ones that just about make it too the top, slide all the way back down, and pop you in the shin leaving that sore as hell , always getting bumped goose egg. Or take out the back window of the truck.
just did that CC.was gently tossing splits into the back of the 150 and a piece landed on end and slomowed under the window gaurd and there i was $100 poorer.:mad::(

Last edited:
I'm short enough to worry more about my knees. :rolleyes: A bonk on the shin sure hurts, but on my already-damaged knees I could be done for the day. Knee pads are my friend.

I'm not sure which is worse, my shins, the wife's shins, the back window, the bed rail, side of the box, or the wife's finger...Oh wait...I remember now... Guess which 2 don't get written off as "battle scars and $hit happens".

i think a whack to the shins is just a normal day of work. brush it off and continue working. youll get the satisfaction of burning every last piece down to nothing but ashes..... justice will be served!!!!!!!!

Back