ad size

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arborrich

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
for those of you who have had smaller ads in the phone book and changed to a larger ad like a quarter or half page, did you notice an increase in call volume.. id like to hear experiances with call volume from the phone book, and what size ad you had and what the competition was.

I definatley noticed a larger volume of calls with the larger ad.One day an elderly gentlman told me(when we were done with the job) that he called me because my larger ad was the only one he could READ!I also noticed I was spending a LOT more time bidding jobs I wasn't getting.I think yellow page ads are way overpriced.I just relocated to another state and there are 3-4 phone books for this area....not sure how I am going to advertise over here but I am looking at direct mailing as an alternative.Last year I signed an agreement with the Yellow Book people(they bought out a publisher I had advertised with for years) when the new book came out my ad wasn't there...and I kept getting a run around on calls to them so they are off the list for ads!!

were you the largest ad? how many other tree services were in the book?

T that time i was the largest ad.About 1/3 of the page.As I recall there was maybe 6 or so ads.That book has probably 20+ tree companies in it now.I've had good luck with the dollar bill size ads and 1/4 page size but they are pricey.

Ithink what he's saying is as he made more money he kept buying larger ads that inturn made him more money.

Back