Added a 84 Husqvarna 61

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roanoker494

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Bought this one off Ebay and I was pleasantly surprised to find it so clean at delivery. It starts and runs great, has a 48mm closed port bore and should make a very nice addition to my collection. Matter of fact this one may become my "go to" 60cc series saw when work needs done. I had originally planned to swap out a 50mm closed port 266xp top end but changed my mind after seeing just how nice it already was. Interesting to see a four digit year on the vin tag because I thought that was late 90's early 00's thing........

Anyone happen to have a nice white 61 top cover??

Bought this one off Ebay and I was pleasantly surprised to find it so clean at delivery. It starts and runs great, has a 48mm closed port bore and should make a very nice addition to my collection. Matter of fact this one may become my "go to" 60cc series saw when work needs done. I had originally planned to swap out a 50mm closed port 266xp top end but changed my mind after seeing just how nice it already was. Interesting to see a four digit year on the vin tag because I thought that was late 90's early 00's thing........

the four digit year is fairly common from what i've seen of that vintage. my 1984 44 husky has the full year on it.

There is another one on the bay right now that has an "XP" cover on it. Kinda made me wonder if it had the 266 mod on it. The chainsaw guy on youtube log tested a couple, pretty awesome little saw.

Back a short time and already have two threads going. A nice 61. If you sniff out a Husky 133 or 238 shoot me a PM.

Back a short time and already have two threads going. A nice 61. If you sniff out a Husky 133 or 238 shoot me a PM.

I had to Google those model numbers because I had never heard of them.......... Don't see many older saws here local but I will keep ya in mind if anything comes up.

I have been stuck on the sideline watching everyone else have fun for months. Time for me to tag back in and get my life back to normal.

Glad to be back and the chain brake is fully functional, I had expected it would be broken like all the others I have ever seen.
Glad to see you back man. Nice 61. Mine is running great, but no chain brake :msp_thumbdn:. They run fine with a grey top....:D
good for you......those bands are impossible to find. I have a very nice 61 with a busted band.
Hey HS, join the club. Seems like only 2 out of 10 61s have a chain brake on them. :msp_confused:

From the third picture it looks like the top cover is cracked. Also the chain catcher looks to be broken off. Both parts should be easy to find. Other than that it looks like a great saw in excellent condition for its age.

I have a white top 61 a friend asked me to rebuild. It was run lean. I really like working on this series of saw. I have rebuilt a few of them including a 266 I kept. Lots of power and easy to repair. Great find!

Bob

I have a 61 the same year model. Its a good ole saw but its a open port cylinder. Why is there a difference in the 2?

My 79 whitetop 61 was manufactured without a chainbrake at all. My 87 model chainbrake does not work. In fact, if it did I would disable it. I find them to be a pain in the posterior. I have worked on a couple of saws that needed new clutches and drums because some newby dint have enough sense to take the chain brake off before running the saw, or bumped it on and dint notice. I grew up without brakes on my saws, and see no need of them, except to attempt to protect novices. However, it is well known you cannot protect from ignorance.

Latest posts

Back