Added an MS250 to firewood arsenal today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the pile of the tops of the tree's I've been cutting; my Mum decided she wants 2" in dia. also do you know how much work this is going to be :laugh:

DSC_4998.jpg

DSC_4997.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the pile of the tops of the tree's I've been cutting; my Mum decided she wants 2" in dia. also do you know how much work this is going to be :laugh:

DSC_4998.jpg

DSC_4997.jpg

You are going to have some time invested in that project. Thanks for the pictures! How much wood are you going to need that size?

You are going to have some time invested in that project. Thanks for the pictures! How much wood are you going to need that size?

Mum wants about a cord :(

My brother and I just want as much wood as we can stuff in her shed's and what she want's she will get :)

I have two weeks to do this because my race season starts then and that will tie up 3 to 4 days a week right there plus I have the MS 310 Im building also

Last edited:
One more day and I'll be done cutting up all that small stuff - what a pian in the :deadhorse: this has been

So I have ran about 3 full tanks of gas through this saw now. Used it to cut down a 16 inch black locust that had blown over. Had the so called 16 inch bar buried and it was all the little saw could handle in the good wood, hit a punky spot and it revved back up to full speed.

Also used it to noodle a huge hedge round I cut off a stump to see how it would handle that. Turns out pretty good. The more I use this saw, the more I like it. I can even use it one handed for limbing if I have to, but that is not a wise decision.

Used it yesterday evening to cut some cookies off of long dead and dried cottonwood to make a stool and it handle it pretty well, pulled down an bit while cutting through a big crotch in the wood but not too bad. Used it to noodle another big round into 1/3 and it did very well, never pulling down or clogging up. Quite impressed so far.

I have had my MS250 for a little over 4 years now. I did the MM and it did wake it up quite a bit. It is my go to saw of late as most of what I am cutting is 14" or under. It is also my back-up and limbing saw in the rare circumstances I get to cut into bigger stuff. Great little saw for the HO and more than recreational wood cutter.

New saw rep coming your way!

Last edited:
my very first taste of stihl was an ms250. that was when they first came out with the 250 over the 025s. i liked it alot and still remember the point of being "sold" on stihl. i was cutting some 16in white oaks with it for a resort that i worked at almost 10 years ago. still mite look into buyin a smaller saw like that altho my 024 does fill that spot at the moment

Ended up with 3/4 of a cord out of that mess

I haven't had a chance yet to get back up there and burn the really small stuff

We had a pretty big wind the other day and this big Maple just about blow over the tree roots about half out of the ground and it's at a 45 degree angle and there is one limb about a foot in dia. holding it up first day it stops raining and blowing here I'll take pic's of it it's plain scary looking

Howard it's about time to MM that 250 :)

The 250 will get strong the more it's broking in :)

Gotta love CL! (and CAD)

After all the good things that were said in this thread I decided to pick up what was listed as a "used Still saw" off of CL yesterday. Looking forward to doing some cutting after our current heat wave subsides. 105 degrees today and 103 tomorrow forecasted.
I guess I can spend a little time cleaning this and putting my MS200T back together.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Good score!

I had some trouble getting my MS250 to start a few weeks ago after I was just getting it broke in. I pulled and pulled on the cord until if finally wore the skin off the inside of my finger (making different adjustments and tinkering with it throughout, cleaning fuel filter/air filter, checking fuel lines, etc.) finally wedged my work boot under the throttle and it fired up on first pull after that. Got it running last week (finally) and yesterday got the L and LA adjusted and now no problems at all. Fires on first pull, and I got the H fine tuned as well. I am happy again.

Now waiting for warranty to expire so I can mod it.

Will do.
I'm on my phone at a baseball tourney with the boys. I was looking for an easy link.

Back