Added some more to the collection, Tom!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl #1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I went down to FL to spend Christmas with my daughter and see the new Grandbaby, and stopped by an old friends house to visit. I mentioned that I was collecting saws and he loaded me up!
The Poulan 2300 I built out of 3 junkers and gave to him 6 years ago when I moved to VA, and now it has returned, with a sibling!

attachment.php

I remember working on these beasts back in the '80s. This one has good compression.

attachment.php

I am a STIHL guy, so I don't know much about old Huskys. Is the 61 worth fixing up?

attachment.php

And a bunch of bars. The Homelite bars have never been used. And the Oregon bar is in good shape.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It says "Oregon Armored Tip Saw Bar"

OK, Tom, the collection is getting bigger!!! LOL

And a RAM!!!

And last but not least, a RAM saw! I have never seen or heard of one of these. It is not in the History of Chainsaws book. Anybody got any info on this saw?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Any info would be appreciated. It is locked tight and missing the starter, so it is probably not worth any effort, but I would like to know more about it.

go to www.acresinternet.com he has a chainsaw portion in his website were he lists a lot of the saws built--it may be in there------

I forgot about that site. And it is listed there apparently the only saw they made. 77 cc with a Power Products engine, so maybe there is a piston and cylinder out there to fix it.
Thanks for the info.

And last but not least, a RAM saw! I have never seen or heard of one of these. It is not in the History of Chainsaws book. Anybody got any info on this saw?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Any info would be appreciated. It is locked tight and missing the starter, so it is probably not worth any effort, but I would like to know more about it.

Pioneerguy600 here; Would this saw possibly be the the ever elusive and never seen by me but rumered to be out there somewhere RAM-RC18 that had a Power Products AH-47 engine . I think they were made in Chicago by the Ram Tool corp and I don`t think they made many as I have been actively involved with vintage saws for over 40 years and only heard of them, never saw one. Keep it and clean and paint it up even if it never turns over its one rare item.I would also add that should you like to swap the cylinder and piston they are the same as the 77cc Bradley-Sears Crafstman that used the AH47 engine and there is plenty of them around.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back