Adding Heat/AC to a skidsteer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tchambeau

tchambeau

ArboristSite Lurker
I was wondering if anyone has retrofitted a used Skidsteer with AC/Heat?
I am considering buying a RSV RC50 that is a stripped demo unit with an open cab. The salesman stated that some guys add the doors and windows later and buy aftermarket heater's and AC's.
Thanks

ASD

Addicted to ArboristSite
I was wondering if anyone has retrofitted a used Skidsteer with AC/Heat?
I am considering buying a RSV RC50 that is a stripped demo unit with an open cab. The salesman stated that some guys add the doors and windows later and buy aftermarket heater's and AC's.
Thanks

i't cheeper to get it the way u want it the first time

Totally Stumped

Totally Stumped

ArboristSite Member
You need a Red Dot system. Specifically designed for agricultural and construction equipment, as well as, truck sleeper cabs. We installed lots of them on big enclosed forklifts used at the Houston ship channel. You may need to go to a truck dealer to find a certified A/C tech. Should be an easy install but not cheap.

Al Smith

Al Smith

Addicted to ArboristSite
I did have an add on heater for my old D4 Cat.I wrapped a canvas over the engine hood then sat under it on the seat.A little smelly but snug as a bug in a rug.:D In the summer,I reversed the fan so it blew the other direction,made things a little cooler.

Last edited:
tchambeau

tchambeau

ArboristSite Lurker
Thanks for all of the replies. After some additional research (and your posts above) it looks like adding heat is easy, but AC is not. I hope to find a late model unit that already has both. If I do modify, I'll let you know how it turned out.
Thanks Again

Latest posts