Addition to the Stable

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KsForester

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was able to get possession of my late Grandad's saws this past weekend. They aren't anything spectacular saw wise but do hold sentimental value for me. Stihl 025 and MS270C. Both saws have the "toolless" chain adjustment system, which I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. They had both been used fairly hard with no maintenance or upkeep by other members of the family unfortunately. Both cleaned up pretty nice with some TLC. The 025 has a significant bar oil and gas leak that will need to be addressed, 270C fired up and seems to be working just fine.

I have fond memories of "going down the lane" to help cut some firewood with him. Looking back it was probably just more for me than it was actually the firewood. He always had a good amount of wood stacked and ready, there's no way that filling the small trailer behind the little blue Ford garden tractor was keeping the stock up.

I look forward to getting them back into shape and using them.

Very nice that you obtained these saws and have the fond memories and history. Your Grandad would be happy and proud you feel this way.

Back