Advanced Training

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice 1 night owl.

As well as the things you learn, you get a piece of paper saying your worth hiring! :laugh:

thats very true, but i've forked out money for stuff i've known before or was dissapointed with the outcome...I'm really kicking myself in the ass now because the bc certified fallers ticket costs $9000 now...few years back it was $200, last year it was $600...I'm definetly not afraid of learning stuff though...the guys in the bush bug me about it, giving me the hand of 'college boy' cuz I'm working on a diploma, just got my isa, and have mentioned looking into climbing/rigging classes... does anyone in canada the scoop about these? Is it thru arbormasters?

1I'dJak I took a few of the Arbormaster courses in the fall. They are now operating as ArborCanada ( http://arborcanada.com ). I had been out of doing hands on tree work for almost 6 years and figured this would be a good way to get my feet wet again. The course was a bit on the pricey side, but I figure if you take one thing out of it that could save your life than it pays for itself. I took the Aerial Chainsaw (spurs) and the Spar Pole rigging course. Much of the Aerial Chainsaw was review for me but the Spar Pole rigging taught lots of good techniques and pointers I didn't know. There were guys in the course with me that have been climbing for 10+years who all thought the lessons were valuable. I'll be signing up for the Technical Rigging course this spring.

1I'dJak I took a few of the Arbormaster courses in the fall. They are now operating as ArborCanada ( http://arborcanada.com ). I had been out of doing hands on tree work for almost 6 years and figured this would be a good way to get my feet wet again. The course was a bit on the pricey side, but I figure if you take one thing out of it that could save your life than it pays for itself. I took the Aerial Chainsaw (spurs) and the Spar Pole rigging course. Much of the Aerial Chainsaw was review for me but the Spar Pole rigging taught lots of good techniques and pointers I didn't know. There were guys in the course with me that have been climbing for 10+years who all thought the lessons were valuable. I'll be signing up for the Technical Rigging course this spring.

I can second that recommendation. I took the climbing course with Dwayne Neustator (ArborCanada) when he was still with Arbormaster. I thought it was a really good course. Also had the chance to attend a climbing and crane removal course with Mark Chisholm. The Mark Chisholm deal was something worked out by our ISA Chapter. All of this was here in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Good training is out there, just have to look (and pay) for it.

Cheers,
BAB

Back