Advertising- Real Yellow Pages

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The yellowpages is a waste of time. I have had an ad going on 3 years now, and in one there is a tracking number. I get a whole 3 calls a month! so much for $569 a month!

We averaged about 17-25 calls per day with the original, smaller ad. Our 2008 ad is 8 times larger. In 3 colors w/ white background. We'll post again after the books are delivered & we can asess our current market. We need at least 60 days for this process. Tracking upgrades are enabled & results should be forthcomming. Stay tuned !

Out of curiousity, whats it run for an ad in the yella pages? Do they charge by the word? Or is there just a flat rate?

depending on the company if it is dex it is not cheap i currently am behind on my bill by 6000.00 cause of no work in our local area the drought really took and hurt business last year so its going to take a miracle to get caught up on bills

but dex charges by the size of the ad

the bigger the ad the more expensive it becomes

The prices have always been by the size of the ad no matter what book I advertized in.I got better results from the Verizon book.I didn't have luck with the smaller ads though.Years ago I had a large ad in the Saratoga,NY book and I got a LOT of calls from elderly people.One day we finished up a job and the elderly client is paying me and he says "We called you because you had the only ad in the phone book we could read"...Where I was in NY the books came out in the late spring/summer months which was good.Here in Vermont the books got delivered at the beginning of December which is a bad time of year as calls are slow due to winter and holidays so I have to suck it up and pay for the ad through the winter and it should work out in the spring.The new ad measures approx 2 1/4" x 3 3/4" which I believe is DQC(double quarter column).

Latest posts

Back