Advice needed on buying ..Husqvarna 372xp - Echo 680 - Shindaiwa 757

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should have gotten in on the Jonsered 2166s on Ebay. Heck, you'd still come out ahead of those prices. With a minimal amount of work it's a 372XP in red.

The OP is in Argentina. Who knows what parts and service availability is like there.

I still vote 372.

NIB 2166 with a 24" is still available on Ebay for $500...

I’m an Echo fan but would pass on the 680. Better buy would be the 372 or go Dolkita 6421 or 7910.

update: called to a few dealers and husqvarna and echo told me that getting the saw with a 28" adds around 150 bucks (except shindaiwa that has a 28" from factory) the cons on the sindaiwa ...it weights a little more than the husky and that is important since i am weight around 165 pounds.
Prices are:
Husky 372xp with 28" bar 875 USD
Echo 680 with 28" bar 850 USD
Shindy 757 with 28" bar 700 USD.
Next week i will visiting all 3 dealers to check how the saw feels in my hand..and meke sure the husky is made in sweeden and not in brazil.
Thanks so much for all the advices and inputs ..now its time to take the old 446 and cut some wood :)
Odd because the cs620 usually comes with a 27"

I’ve got a couple of 757s. My take on them is for me they do great in the big stuff. I’ve run 36” bar without issue.
That being said, I never get a chance to run them often enough to see how they would hold up for the long haul. If like the other Shindaiwa equipment, probably no problem but it’s almost like Shindaiwa didn’t target that part of the saw market as there was no follow up with other saws of that size.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Guys. I´ve finally went with the shindaiwa 757, the husky was beautiful but it cost more, and i needed with a bigger bar (came with 20") which will cost even more, also i have a dealer really close to home, and the third reason was..i have to be honest..i love shindaiwas. I was really busy this week and i have tested only one time for a few minutes and i must say..it´s a best. :).

I've owned two CS-670's and a CS-6700. None of them were overly impressive anyplace but very well built saws and dead solid reliable. To this day I'm not sure why Echo hasn't hit the 70cc market with a much better design based off the CS-620PW.

I would probably still have at least one of the CS-670's but if you have a 268XP at your disposal you'll never find yourself reaching for a one.......FWIW.......Cliff

They will shortly...

Thanks Guys. I´ve finally went with the shindaiwa 757, the husky was beautiful but it cost more, and i needed with a bigger bar (came with 20") which will cost even more, also i have a dealer really close to home, and the third reason was..i have to be honest..i love shindaiwas. I was really busy this week and i have tested only one time for a few minutes and i must say..it´s a best. :).

Good choice... I have quite a few 372 but honestly the 757 is a great saw that will hold its own with one and for almost 25% less cost is a no brainer. The air filter setup on the 757 is one of the best I have ever seen as well.

Back