advice on 346 xp e tech

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
remove bar.
remove top cover.
remove lower bracket, which requires removal of one dog screw.
remove 2 tube screws.

remove muffler, gasket, heat shield.

replace in reverse order.

What should the NE346XP be tached at? I assume it's different from the original 346xp?

The few statements I have seen tend to conclude that they do their best when set at slightly less than 14K - mine is still set a bit lower for run-in.....

Last edited:
The few statements I have seen tend to conclude that they do their best when set at slightly less than 14K - mine is still set a bit lower for run-in.....

I've been keeping mine around 12750 for break in, it's running quite rich though and might raise the revs to 13250 or so.

Exactly. I see no gain in cut times or power when tached over 14 grand. Mine cuts just as good at 13,500-13,800 as it does hitting 14-14,300. I think the max is 14,500 but why scream it that high for little or no gain in power.

Your on the money Troll..

Exactly. I see no gain in cut times or power when tached over 14 grand. Mine cuts just as good at 13,500-13,800 as it does hitting 14-14,300. I think the max is 14,500 but why scream it that high for little or no gain in power.

Your on the money Troll..

Really nice to see you post again!!!!

:yourock: :cheers:

Btw, they are rev limited at 14,2K, and recommended max is 14,1, vs 14,7 for the 45cc version.

Last edited:
I just ordered my muffler from Baileys for my 346 xp also got a good chain deal.Is Carlton chain any good

Latest posts

Back