Aftermarket Air Filters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattgatten

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I don't know if this really qualifies as a build or a hop-up but after dropping 26 bucks on my first OEM air filter, I' was wondering.

Are there other air filter options out there. I know on some hotsaws I've seen what looks like a little 'K&N' filter sticking up from the back. What exactly are these called, who makes them, and are there any pro's or cons to running something like that?

Lots of questions I know. I've tried searching with no success.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

I have a filter question. would there be any advantage to opening up the air filter cover to let in more air? Like drilling holes or something of that nature?

Thats what I thought but they wouldnt listen to reason. Guess he will find out then have to buy a new filter cover for his 385

i had thought abought the kit baileys has for my 460. but had wondered about the advatages or diadvatages myself of it over stock.any one got feedback on there kit?

i had thought abought the kit baileys has for my 460. but had wondered about the advatages or diadvatages myself of it over stock.any one got feedback on there kit?

I'm guessing you're talking about the Max-Flow kit. I run them commercially and they are great. Pulls more cool air in. I work with a lot of guys who use them on 460's and 660's, and the concensus is- more power and longer life of the saw. Just make sure you do a DP muffler and pull the limiter caps off the carb.

Back