Aftermarket parts strike again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihltech

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Worked on an 029 super in the shop. Very clean unit. Will not start.
Customer has replaced sparkplug, fuel hose, fuel filter and air filter. ALL aftermarket.
Has compression and spark. No fuel. Carburetor completely dry inside.
Pressure and vacuum test pass with flying colors. Good pulse from hose in air box. Fuel tank vent open. Exhaust and screen clean, port clean. Piston very good shape through intake and exhaust ports.
Put on another carb to try it. Still dry inside.
The saw is now fixed. Runs great.
So what did I replace to repair it?

Worked on an 029 super in the shop. Very clean unit. Will not start.
Customer has replaced sparkplug, fuel hose, fuel filter and air filter. ALL aftermarket.
Has compression and spark. No fuel. Carburetor completely dry inside.
Pressure and vacuum test pass with flying colors. Good pulse from hose in air box. Fuel tank vent open. Exhaust and screen clean, port clean. Piston very good shape through intake and exhaust ports.
Put on another carb to try it. Still dry inside.
The saw is now fixed. Runs great.
So what did I replace to repair it?
I can only suspect slight kink in fuel line (too long/ too short?) was stopping free flow of fuel

The fuel hose has a small piece of flashing inside from the molding process that is restricting the fuel flow. New hose and the saw runs very well. Replace the fuel filter (had the small trimmer one) and the sparkplug (Savior?) as I have to stand behind it now that I touched it.
Air filter did not affect the saw performance in the cut or idle ( no choke flap in the filter on this saw).
Gave the customer his parts back.

Latest posts

Back